x

Weebly instructions to verify Google Search Console; won't verify

My goal seems pretty simple; I just want to know what search terms are people using to find our website.

I have followed the Weebly directions to set up Google Search Console https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201723433-Verify-Site-with-Search-Engines

and have inserted the Meta tag into the header. But, where Weebly's instructions say I just have to hit 'verify' and duh-dee-duh the Search Console will be set up, mine says 'We weren't able to verify your property'. I have checked and checked that I didn't delete any characters from the Meta tag or anything, but it's correct.

Then I figure okay, I'll try 'Alternate Methods'. The options are below.

HTML file uploadUpload an HTML file to your site.
HTML tagAdd a meta tag to your site's home page.
Domain name providerSign in to your domain name provider.
Google Tag ManagerUse your Google Tag Manager account.

I think my Domain Name Provider is Weebly? But it's not listed in the domain name provider list. 
I'm not very technical. 
Does anyone have an easy solution?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I should perhaps add, I am set up on Google Analytics and use it... so do already have this account.

Message 2 of 5
Square

What domain name are you trying to verify, @lmighton?

Message 2 of 5

It's www.getsetconnect.ca

Thanks for all/any help

Lisa

Message 2 of 5
Square

I don't see anything on our end which should prevent verification. Your domain is pointed to us properly, your code is added to your header area properly, and your site is reachable. You might want to try contacting Google to see if they can shed light on why it would fail. 

Message 2 of 5