x

problem with facebook like button blog posts

Hi there, my blog posts don't show the facebook like button; i noticed (maybe, not sure) that this happened when i changed my domain from free domain (.weebly) to my own domain (giorgiofranzosipsicologo. com).
By using facebook debugger, it says that i miss "og:type, fb:app_id".

Can you help me fixing it?

Thank You,

Giorgio

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It might be the easiest thing to do. Unfortunately, we cannot help you with the theme code. Smiley Sad 

So you want to recreate you site with your new domain name and then link to the old posts? You can copy the site, but you would have to copy/paste the blog posts as you mentioned since the blog page/posts won't auto copy. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Square

Those errors should be unrelated and were likely there before you changed your domain name. Hmm... I see the code being rendered on the page and I don't see any Javascript errors. I have seen Like buttons fail to display before and then show later, which sounds like it might just be a problem on Facebook's end.

Hmm... I see some widgets or apps installed on your site. Were any of those also added recently?

Message 2 of 23

i just added the messenger chat yesterday, but the problem that i've described is older. I try to check if there are some other apps related to facebook that could be installed. 

Thanks for now

Message 2 of 23

There are no apps or widjet installed in my website but the messenger chat. No idea what the problem could be nor what i should do 😕

P.S. i just created a new blog page, and the facebook like button works in that page. Any idea?

Message 2 of 23
Square

I think it may have something to do with your custom code @giorgio. Smiley Sad When I make a copy of your site and add a blog post the button shows up. Do you remember what types of changes you made to the css/html?

https://gfstestblog.weebly.com/blog/test

Message 2 of 23

i'm trying to replay but it says my post are spam
Message 2 of 23

i didn't modify CSS or html, i bought a premimum theme but the problem started when i changed my domain. 

i'm thinking to create a new blog page with the same name and copy/paste all posts there, with the same permalinks. 

Do you think it could be a good idea?

Thank you,

Giorgio

Message 2 of 23
Square

Best Answer

It might be the easiest thing to do. Unfortunately, we cannot help you with the theme code. Smiley Sad 

So you want to recreate you site with your new domain name and then link to the old posts? You can copy the site, but you would have to copy/paste the blog posts as you mentioned since the blog page/posts won't auto copy. 

Message 2 of 23

I am getting the same errors on the debugger and am unble to get the "like" buttons to work on my blog posts. 

How do you resolve this?? 

Message 2 of 23
Square

What errors are you seeing with the debugger, @JenniferLeeChan?

Message 2 of 23

My blog is also not allowing viewers to like the posts. When they try, nothing happens, and the count just stays at zero. One person was able to like a post around January, but that was the only one ever worked. 

Can anyone help with this issue? Here's my blog: http://www.thiswillmakeyourday.com/

Thanks, 

Ashley

Message 2 of 23

I had the same problem..

Message 12 of 23
Square

Which site are you having trouble with, @MagicTango?

Message 12 of 23

Hi, since last Saturday the facebook like button does not appear under my blog posts.
The button does suddenly appear under my blog posts when I am logged in to Facebook myself, but as soon as I log out there, the button has disappeared again.
I didn't make any changes to the site and I cleared my cache, but that didn't help unfortunately.

Can you help me?

www.MoonshineSim.nl

Message 12 of 23
Square

Hi @MoonshineSim.

I tested this in a browser where I wasn't logged into Facebook and I still see the buttons. What browser did you see this with?

Message 12 of 23

Hi @Adam, which browser did you use?

My standard browser is Chrome, but I also tried it with Edge. I even tried it with the Samsung browser on my mobile.

They all show the same problem. Until Saturday there were no problems at all.

Will you please try to find out what is wrong? Thanks.

Message 12 of 23
Square

I tested with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and saw it in all three. Was your mobile device using the same network as your computer over wifi? I wonder if your network is blocking something for some reason.

Message 12 of 23

Hi @Adam , the wifi is not the problem. Firstly, no changes had been made to my wifi when the problem occurred.
Second, I asked a friend in another country to look at my site and of course he uses a completely different internet connection than I do.
In Chrome, he sees both buttons; in Edge he doesn't see any of the buttons and in Firefox he only sees the Twitter button. So it seems very random and therefore there must be something else wrong. Until last Saturday I had no problems at all.
So will you please look into it again a.s.a.p.? Thanks.

Message 12 of 23
Square

I also tested this on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, but I'm not able to replicate the issue as described. All of your blog posts are showing both buttons, and the Facebook likes appear. 

Message 12 of 23

@BernadetteWell, that's very strange! Something must have changed last week (not by me) because I still can't see the FB like button and I had no problems before. I will ask more friends if they can see the button or not. Please keep this topic open until further notice. Thank you.

Message 12 of 23

@Bernadette  I don't know what or how something has changed (I changed nothing), but the FB like button appears on my website again since yesterday morning. I'm happy it works again. Thanks.

Message 12 of 23