x

robots.txt disallow: /uploads/ problem

Hi there,

i got a problem with the robots.txt, beacuse it is bloking /uploads/, as you can see down here:

Sitemap: https://www.giorgiofranzosipsicologo.com/sitemap.xml

User-agent: NerdyBot
Disallow: /

User-agent: *
Disallow: /ajax/
Disallow: /apps/
Disallow: /uploads/

This is no good for Google and SEO, because Google can't see images content.

Why is this happening and how can it be fixed? Did i do something wrong with the editor?

Thank you,

Giorgio

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We are going to revert this change shortly, so the /uploads folder should begin being indexed again. Sorry for the trouble, everyone!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

This problem is worldwide for all weebly website since 14th april, Hope we will hear soon from weebly officals regarding this issue 

Message 2 of 15

ok, ty, i hope that too

Message 2 of 15

My site is WorldwideSpotlight.com and this problem has been affecting my site for the past week now, for some reason I can't upload a proper Twitter card with a image. Twitter gives me a message that says my robot TXT files are Being blocked from my website and that's why I cannot see a picture. This is garbage for SEO purposes, Every month or two there is another problem with Weebly,I would love to switch to another platform but I have so much work put into this website on the Weibley flatform.  I hate Weebly.

Message 2 of 15

Weebly will become a thing of no use if this problem continues

Message 2 of 15
Square

Sorry for the trouble, guys. I'm not sure of the specifics behind adding this to robots.txt, so I'll see if I can find out more information.

Message 2 of 15

This effecting all weebly website, thats quite strange, maybe someone hacked weebly

Message 2 of 15

Hope this can be solved. I put a lot of effort in the SEO of my pictures.

Message 2 of 15

This is a serious issue Adam.

if weebly who controls the robot.txt file keeps having the line "Disallow: uploads/" it means that no images used on a weebly website will be seen by Google crawling (and they won't show up on image search) - Weebly needs to fix this ASAP
Message 2 of 15

No Response from weebly officials yet. Thats ready causing damage to our sites, Alongside the images, other files are also unable to be crawled, Google ranking are droping, getting less traffic

Message 2 of 15
Square

I'm hoping we'll get more information soon about this. It sounds like it was done with security in mind, but I don't have any other details beyond that.

Message 2 of 15
Square

Best Answer

We are going to revert this change shortly, so the /uploads folder should begin being indexed again. Sorry for the trouble, everyone!

Message 2 of 15

I just googled my website and it shows google is not crawling it for the robots.txt file .  It comes up as NO page information.  Any idea what is happening now?

Message 2 of 15
Square

What site are you having trouble with, @Vidorian? It might be just cached info that Google has yet to update.

Message 2 of 15

Issue has been fixed!, thank you!

Message 2 of 15