x

website search results

Got a domain name through google, transfered to weebly and have website set up.  I have been getting automated phone calls from maybe google? wanting me to confirm owner, business, etc to supposedly help people find my site.  When I google search for my site or similar, my site rarely if ever comes up.

Do I need to register this somehow?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Hi @sumsum. What is the domain name? You will probably have to reach out to Google directly, but we can take a look for you. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5

I sent the same message to google cloud support, awaiting a response.  Really just looking for ways to make sure I come up in a search for "home inspectors", especially for my geographic area.

Message 2 of 5

This is googles reply, which I understand.  I believe I had weebly transfer the registration?  Maybe I don't fully understand.

The reason why we can't assist you is because you have a different registrar, based on WHOIS, your registrar is Register.com, Inc. Would you like to register to Google Domains? If that's the case then we can help you register your account.

Message 2 of 5
Square

Seems like they are using your domain to get you to contact them regarding SEO services. You shouldn't need to transfer your domain and do anything with the domain itself to help with SEO, really. Getting ranked by keyword searches can take a little while and there's a lot that goes into it. It doesn't look like you have a lot of content on your site right now, and that doesn't give Google very much to work with.

I recommend taking a look at our Ultimate Guide to SEO:  https://www.weebly.com/seo

There's a lot of information in that guide, but it's valuable reading that will help explain a lot to you.

Message 2 of 5