x

using virtual terminal or invoice for in store puchase

hello. I was wondering...i sometimes use the virtual terminal in my store, rather than using my other POS system. how can i associate the sale to a customer who may already be in my database, but since they do not have a credit card on file i cant pull them up.  Basically id like to make an invoice i guess, and manually enter their credit card info here at my computer. is that possible?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

If you want customer information tagged to the sale I would do a sale on the app or an invoice.  You cannot do it with VT.  Also,  If you can swipe the card I would do that.  Manual entry increases the risk of chargebacks.  If they are in the store and have the app use it and swipe the card.  Fees are lower and risk is lower.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Proclaim

I definitely agree with @RHatch here. 

Using the Point of Sale app or Square Invoices (if possible of course) would accomplish what you're trying to do and also save you a bit of money from transaction fees 💸

These payment types also allow you to add a customer and store their card on file for future payments and charge them right from your app or Dashboard. 

Message 3 of 3