x

Tips and Employees

Hello,
We run a little coffee shop, with two owners and two employees.
we sometimes work together, and sometimes have swing shifts that over lap. Figuring out tips has become fairly difficult.
is there a way to "sign" into square before each sale so our emplyees are getting the right tips allocated to them?

there has to be a easy way around this right?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @UnderstoryCoffe

It sounds like you're using Employee Management already. Have you tried utilizing the Employee Sales report on the Square Dashboard? This report will display the tips each employee collected. 

If you only have one tablet for charging customers, each employee will need to login when they go to make a sale. If you're using a tablet you'll see the option for an employee to login in the bottom right corner of the screen. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Hello @UnderstoryCoffe

It sounds like you're using Employee Management already. Have you tried utilizing the Employee Sales report on the Square Dashboard? This report will display the tips each employee collected. 

If you only have one tablet for charging customers, each employee will need to login when they go to make a sale. If you're using a tablet you'll see the option for an employee to login in the bottom right corner of the screen. 

Message 2 of 14

This reply was created by merging the thread tittled "Tip reporting for employees". 

I'm doing my first payroll with our Square for Restaurants.  Where can I find the amount of credit card tips for each server during the selected time period?  Square captures that information, can it be included on the Labor Cost report?  Or is there somewhere else to find this information?

Message 3 of 14

Hello @Timirie!

I went ahead and merged your thread with this one, since this questions been asked before. It makes the Seller Community easier to navigate for other members. 🙂

You can view the amount of tips collected by each employee by checking out the Employee Sales Report on your Dashboard. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! Feel free to @ mention me. 

Message 4 of 14

I have to manually go in the system and check individual sales and tips for my employees. Is there an easier way? Only printout I get is the cash drawer but need CC tips as well. 

Message 5 of 14
Alumni

Chad has you covered on this thread I merged you to! @Downeys5790

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 14

Did you find the answer to this? I am currently using Square Terminal and having the same trouble!

Message 7 of 14

I had to upgrade to Square Team I believe it's called. Something around $11/month. I think it's worth it.

Message 8 of 14

Is there a way yet to export just tips? It would make payroll a lot easier if pulling tips by person or as a line item by date. Square is now getting thousands more from us alone a year with the new fees so I'm wondering if they're now able to allocate resources to make improvements that have been requested for years by users.

Message 9 of 14
Alumni

@coppercup -

If you need a breakdown of employee tips, head over to your Dashboard and pull an Employees Sales Report. There you can select a custom date range using the date selector tool up top to see how much each employee collected in tips. Square Payroll even makes it easy for you to import tips to for your payroll cycles. 

I merged you to the thread you're looking for. See the best answer above. 

Justin
Message 10 of 14

We utilize pre-ordering so, many payments come in on days when no one is actually working.  How do we reconcile this? 

Message 11 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LumpiaLove1 thanks for asking and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

For something like this, where it sounds like you want to give the tips added in the Pre Order to whoever fulfills/closes that sale the next day, you would need to manually calculate the tips and do a pay out in the cash drawer. We don't have a way to edit which employees are tied to sales or move tips around. 

Let me know if I've misunderstood at all. I'm happy to help with any other questions as well. 

AshleyK
Message 12 of 14

Tip Pooling question - I have two employees, and we have chosen to pool tips per shift. However on one day, Employee B started 3 hours later than the other.

To ensure that Employee A, the employee that worked the entire shift, receives her full tips, how do I manually change tip allocation to each employee?

It would seem that Employee A is entitled to $126 more in tips than employee B. Since tips are split equally between the two employees for the entire day, I would like to subtract $63 from Employee B's tips and transfer that to Employee A's earnings.

Is this possible?

Message 13 of 14

Hello.  I am down to two employees, one salaried and one hourly, both full time.  I want to include the salaried employee in the tip pooling until I can bring on another hourly person.   Since I'm not importing time cards for him, is this something I do manually? Looks like @Chad has some good insight but I would be happy to hear from anyone with knowledge on this.  Thank you! 

Message 14 of 14