x

Square Loyalty Program in Australia

Is it correct that the Square Loyalty program isn't available in Australia? Does anyone know when it is being released in Australia?

If this is the case then it is incredibly frustrating.  Does anyone have any recommendations on a 3rd party Loyalty app that works with Square?  Has anyone got a workaround?  Many Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Jo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Square Loyalty launched in October 2019, you can read more about it here ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll update this thread to help notify our sellers in the future! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @markm,

Thanks for getting in touch.

While we don't have an ETA for the launch of loyalty features in Australia, we're aware of the strong demand for the product and it's high on our list of priorities for Australia. We've also laid some of the groundwork here already in the form of gradually building out Customer Directory features in preparation for Loyalty.

Watch this space - we'll be sure to update this thread once things change ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 10

thanks for the reply, I see that Australian have been asking for access to the Square Loyalty program for a considerable amount of time. Isn't it time that Square gave Australia some priority and turn the switch on to Loyalty for Australian? Surely it cannot be that hard as you have already built the loyalty program and it is working well for other users, (provided you don't live in Australia). With the lack of a such, a critical and key feature Square isn't given its users in Australia much choice but to seek out another POS System, such as Revel that gives its customers in Australia POS and a Loyalty. What is the email address for the CEO of Square so I can email them personally to express our frustration with Square in Australia having no loyalty program?
Message 3 of 10

How does Square measure its requests for more features?  Because from what I can see it is constantly asked for.

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Hey @theroyalctambo,

Square tracks feature requests made via phone, email, this forum and social media platforms.

While it's not always obvious to see at a distance, this feedback informs what we release. Demand isn't the only metric used here though - some features are more difficult to implement than others, be it for technical reasons, the amount of work required to localise the feature, and evening things like complying with country-specific regulations relating to finance products. Some of the features we release make sense as "quick wins" while others require significantly more development time and resources.

Square Loyalty is high on our list of features we want for Australia - while I'm unfortunately not able to give an ETA , we hope to have more to announce in this space soon.

Thanks for your continued support! You can review some of the new features we've released over the past 6 months via our blog:

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 10

Seems like this request has been around for a while, any updates on this feature two years on?

Message 6 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Jo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Square Loyalty launched in October 2019, you can read more about it here ๐Ÿ™‚

I'll update this thread to help notify our sellers in the future! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 10

Woo hoo, that's great!

Message 8 of 10

Now after having a looksie, it doesn't necessarily suit my needs.   Does Square have any sort of customer referral program.  I would love for my clients to be able to refer their friends to my business and then easily be able to track the number of referrals so I can reward them for spreading the word, perhaps using the egift cards.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Jo, at the moment we don't have a referral program in the way you're describing - I'd be happy to pass this on to our Loyalty team for consideration! 

Message 10 of 10