x

Can I use Square before my linked bank account is verified?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original:  Can I use Square before bank account is verified?My Square acc is set up, but not linked to bank.

I have set up a Square today and woudl like to use it at a market tomorrow.   I have linked in my bank account but will take a few days to verify.   Can I use square to recieve payments before my bank account has been verified?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes, you can.  It will just take a few extra days to get your deposit while waiting for bank account verification.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes, you can.  It will just take a few extra days to get your deposit while waiting for bank account verification.

Message 2 of 6

Can you tell me if two weeks it's way too long to get your bank verification?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bluemist7 - great question!

Bank verification can take up to 4 days to complete. If you've exhausted that timeline, it's more than likely that bank verification failed and you may need to try again. 

When I was first getting started with Square, I found this resource super helpful when it came time to verify my bank account. Hope it helps you too! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I opened my business account on monday and connected it to square, on Tuesday I saw they did the pre note of the in and out transaction, today is Friday and the account is still not verified

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bxr261 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the answers above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6