Scholar

Anyone ever set up a client log in?

I have a "client log in" page on my website (as a place holder). 

What I would love is to have a client put in a username and password that I have generated for them, and once they hit submit, they are taken to a specific page that is private to only them. 

Has anyone ever successfully set something like this up within weebly or a 3rd party app?

10 REPLIES
Employee Moderator

Re: Anyone ever set up a client log in?

Can you post a link to your website, @leahmarapro? This will give us an idea of what you are wanting. Thanks!

Scholar

sure - here is the client log in page I created as a place holder. Right now its using just a modified version of the newsletter form - so doesnt take anyone anywhere - but looks like how I would want it to look. 

http://www.leahmara.com/client-log-in.html

Again - I would like a functioning log-in page where I provide the client with a username and login, and then when they hit submit, it would take them to a webpage that is private to them.

Community Manager

Our standard membership features should be able to do essentially what you need:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/203859386-Membership-Limiting-Page-Visibility-to-Members

- Adam
Community Manager
Scholar

Thanks Adam, but not exactly.  

I dont want to have to collect the email address to make members. 

Lets use the wedding photography business as an example...

After i shoot the wedding, I want to direct the couple to the "Client Log-in" Page - where I give them a username and password that I have generated. When they hit submit - it takes them to a private page that is a gallery of their wedding.

This way the couple can share the log in details with their friend and family - and anyone can visit the gallery as long as they have the log-in and password. 

Now - I shoot multiple weddings - so, I want to be able to create different log-ins, for different couples. 

But direct them all to the same Client Log-In page...

Based on what username and password is given, it will direct them to a different private (or hidden visability) page. 

Does that help make sense of what I would need?

Does anyone have a solution or idea on how to do this with weebly or an app?

Community Manager

It's possible a third party app in the App Center might function closer to what you want:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/membership

The first one in the list has a free 7 day trial so you could probably use that to test and see if it would work.

- Adam
Community Manager
Scholar

Did anyone get this to work? 

Really need to have a unique Membership page upon sign in. Considering moving my Weebly site to a Wordpress site for this reason alone. 

Explorer

Leah did you ever work out how to solve your need? I am an author, and want to do a similar thing with schools that I visit.  Or at least allow them to log in to buy my books when I am at their school. I don't want my shop to be available to the general public, because i want to push other sales elsewhere so I don't have to fuss with distrubution.

I'd be interested to see if you've been able to work it out.

Employee Moderator

Hey @vikkiconley. Would you be selling the same books to each school? How would you process sales while at the schools? I'm just curious if it would be like a meet and greet where they purchase or would it be more like they visit the site and then you ship to them? 

Explorer

I would want them to prepurchase on website, then I would bring them to the school at the visit. They could buy any of my books. I was hoping I could give them a login so that the shop appears for only those that receive a login.