My website is www.mmaramotswerules.com
I'm using a version of the Squared theme I call Buggrit02.
I have a LOOOOT of pages in this site, and due to total incompetence (mine, of course) I lost a heap of my page formatting, so changed themes and started over. And, my goodness, what a task and a half!
As none of the themes match my needs precisely, I have to undertake fairly extensive changes - and gosh, it can be soooo slow! But, worse is to come. If I make changes via Firebug I can't get them to stick. I publish, then back come the old formats as though I hadn't just spent 45 minutes changing the size of an element, or the colour of something or other. So, I have no choice but to try and change things via css.
Because I'm a total web design klutz, half the time I have no idea what I'm doing, and can't understand half the language, and end up changing everything that looks as though it might possibly, vaguely, with a little luck change what I want to change into what I want to change it to. Consequently, I suspect I sometimes change something that changes something I don't want to change, and although I go back and change the ones that don't seem to have an effect if I can remember the changes I've made, sometimes I have a total unmitigated disaster.
I suspect this is what's just happened to me, although, being the aforementioned klutz, I don't really know. I spend ages changing and improving things, publish a couple of times, then check the webpage. Sadly, the response is something that bears little relationship to what I've got in the editor, especially with regard to the menu and page header.
Could someone please, please, pretty please with raspberries and sweetened whipped cream flavoured with a little real vanilla mixed in, help me? Please !
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sorry to hear you're frustrated, @grizzlybear007! FireBug does changes on the fly but it doesn't actually change any of your code. It's a useful tool to test with, but to make changes like that stick you'd have to edit the theme and make the same changes to the CSS itself there.
What sort of changes are you trying to make?
I guess I'm a bit frustrated, but I'm not angry or anything. Being one of those forever-to-be disappointed perfectionists, I'm actually frustrated with my own inabilities!
Anyway, my youngest son (16), tracking down my website to order some books and donate some money to educating African girls, used Chrome, and got through to my website fine. I normally use Firefox. Not having Chrome, I tried Edge, and that also showed my website as it's supposed to be.
So, it looks like the problem is with my site's relationship with Firefox. Whether that's me, something I've done to my theme in Weebly, or my version of Firefox, or Firefox in general, I'm blowed if I know. Although if a Weebly theme didn't work in Firefox at all, I guess you would have heard by now!
Maybe I have to start over again. Although this will be the 2nd time I've had to do that. Sigh. Life's a **bleep** sometimes. But, at 62, I'm told it's important to keep learning things! And although still a total incompetent, I'm now not totally incompetent. Just almost. But at least I've learned something!
Anyway, if you can help, that would be great, but if not I'll keep on muddling through. Like the Muddleheaded Wombat.
You're an angel in disguise. I should've thought of that, but didn't (silly old fool that I am) - if only because I seem to recall having to do it at least once before. Now I'll just have to figure out which of the little add-on buggers is responsible - or more than one, perhaps! No worries, though.
If not already clear, thanks very much.