x
Beta Member

Customer Engagement: Is my customer's email address shared the same way as receipts?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Email Hosted/Embedded Form”

When a customer gives us their email via the Hosted/Embedded Form, is the email then shared across all of Square like how it's handled with attached cards? Or is it personalized to just my business until they associate it with a card?

Cheers,

Jesse

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @OverflowTaps! If you use any Customer Engagement tools to collect email addresses, your customer's information will be associated with your account only.

Receipts are handled differently: If a customer provides their email address to receive automatic receipts then their email becomes associated with their card across Square. This is to speed up checkout and reduce the need for paper receipts! 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @OverflowTaps! If you use any Customer Engagement tools to collect email addresses, your customer's information will be associated with your account only.

Receipts are handled differently: If a customer provides their email address to receive automatic receipts then their email becomes associated with their card across Square. This is to speed up checkout and reduce the need for paper receipts! 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you very much. This might convince me to stop using MailChimp. I'll think on it, =). Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

You're welcome! I hope Customer Engagement is useful for your business in future, but I know you'd have a lot to consider before switching. 😀

If you have any other questions feel free to post again! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 4