x

How do I change an item's category?

Hello,

We run a small pro shop that is happily growing larger.  When we first started inventory was assigned to categories, but now that we are growing, new categories have been added and I would like to be able to move items into the new classifications.  Also some things we used to sell are either no longer available or not our favorite products anymore.   How do we put those to "sleep" - or do i want to just delete them?  

Thanks for the help!

Sue 

Black Sheep Archery

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

there is not a way to change all past sales but once you change an items category going forward all sales will be under that category.

you can delete items and they just won't be available to sell but all history of the item will still be there.

Message 2 of 4

Is there an easy way to change an item category?  I didn't see a way to drag and drop, or transfer from one place to another? 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

the easiest way is from the online dashboard.  you just click the dropdown to change the category.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

in-app go to the items page, click on an item, then click on the category it is in now and choose a different category.

Message 4 of 4