x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

What thread I don't see it

Message 64 of 138
Square

@jwrifht Sorry if that wasn't clear, Sean has a confirmed answer on this first page of this thread, you can also navigate to his answer by clicking here.

Message 65 of 138

It says Instant Deposits unavailable try again in one day

Message 66 of 138
Square

@jwrifht Check out Sean's answer at the beginning of this thread for some info that may be helpful for your Instant Deposits.

Message 67 of 138

Hello Community!  I have tried to use the INSTANT DEPOSIT feature numerous times and have NEVER got it to work at all.  Yes the Instant Deposit setting is ON in Settings and my deposits are always multiples more than the $25 deposit necessary....Yet when I try to use the INSTANT DEPOSIT feature from the ACTIVITY promt it invariably reads "Instant deposit unavailable...a minimum of $25 must be deposited etc...".  My last deposit was for $900!  To make it worst,  my last deposit won't be available in my checking account unitil Monday and I made the deposit Friday afternoon!  And NO it's not a holiday weekend!  Anyone else having these issues!?

Message 68 of 138
Square

Hi @WillDo, check out the response on the first page of this post for common reasons Instant may be available. Otherwise, feel free to contact us!

Message 69 of 138

I have tried to direct deposit my customers payments and I still haven't received it. It continues to say direct deposit isn't available try again in 24hrs

Message 70 of 138

This is the 3rd time square has held my funds due to "Instant Deposit Unavailable"

My customers and myself must wait on a Saturday holdiay weeked untill Tuesday to get our funds!

Why pay for a service that does not work?

My Customers funds are in limbo for square to use and we must wait 4 days to get OUR money?

PAYPAL. Works every time, like a charm.

Message 71 of 138
Admin

Hey @SharkBait187 — thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear that instant deposit isn't available for your account right now. If you're not able to send money using instant deposit today, it'll be sent using our next business day schedule. Please see Sean's post for additional insight.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 72 of 138

Next business day is considered TUESDAY. Today is SATURDAY!

Do hou people seriously think working class people have 4 days to wait for payment? We all can see that SQUARE does not work Saturdays but most of America does! Figure it out! Your product is trash and this should be considered theft! 

Message 73 of 138
Square

@SharkBait187 - Apologies for your experience! While the community is a great place for getting advice from other sellers and finding the answer for general questions, for account specific ones, we'll want to keep things private. Please reach out here so we can follow up with you to sort this out. Thanks a ton! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 74 of 138

I am having the same problem. Worked perfectly just a week ago. Now it's saying $xxx amount ready for instant deposit, but the button is greyed out and un-clickable. What's going on?

Message 75 of 138

please help i get a message saying instant deposit un abalable for my account

Message 76 of 138
Admin

Hey @rmeddy80, it looks like some sellers had a similar question on this thread. Please see Sean's reply for more information. Account-specific questions? Contact our Support Team directly, and they'll have a closer look ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 77 of 138

My account and card are both linked to my Square account and both been verified I've tried the instant of positive thing the last five times its cost me 1% and never received my instant deposit Scorsese send them my bank says they have it so why am I paying 1% for my instant positive I'm not receiving them and I've already called something got a hold of customer support and he said check with my bank and my bank said while they have no record of them please advise

Message 78 of 138

I have never had an issue with instant deposit, now for the first time after i hit the button to do an instant deposit, it suddenly said it was unavailable, no reason whatsoever, any ideas?

Message 79 of 138
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @kjazz125

I'll follow up via email shortly.

Message 80 of 138

I sent a follow up email, thank you for the answers, due to google, I no longer had access to the email for my square account, it took 8 hours on the computer and 3 on the phone to get that aspect resolved at 8pm last night which was the cause of all of this.

Message 81 of 138

I sent a follow up email, thank you for the answers, due to google, I no longer had access to the email for my square account, it took 8 hours on the computer and 3 on the phone to get that aspect resolved at 8pm last night which was the cause of all of this.

Message 82 of 138

Has anyone else had a problem with the instant deposit feature.  I have been a long time customer - for 18 months or more and often make instant deposits.  Today, I went to make one because I had intended on donating the money to my favorite Christmas charity and I got a message that my instant deposit was unavailable because my account had been randomly selected for review.  I figured it must be a mistake so I instantly called customer support and the guy I spoke with wouldn't even let me speak to a supervisor, in fact he refused to even talk to one at first.  After holding he came back on the line and told me there was nothing they could do that I had to wait the 24 hours.  Since today is Friday, that means that instant deposit may not even be available to me until Monday.  I asked again - in fact - I asked very politely 10+ times to speak to a supervisor and each time he refused.  In the end I didn't even want to speak to them about this issue but about the customer service representative I was speaking to for his refusal to even help me.  Where is the christmas spirit?  I'm very unhappy at the moment and even more unhappy with how the customer service support call was handled. 

Message 83 of 138
Square

@Webby77 - Please see this post for more details about Instant Deposit. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 84 of 138