x

Redeeming Rewards Requires Entering Phone Number with Every Puchase

We implemented the loyalty program, When customers reach 10 stars a reward for $5.00 is available.  We thought this would happen automatically on their 11th purchase.  But, we have learned that a customer must enter their phone# on each returning visit to find out if they have a reward. As detailed below.

To redeem a reward:

1. From the Square app, tap Redeem Rewards in your item library.
  2. Enter your customer’s 10-digit phone number to search for available rewards.
  3. Select rewards to apply them to the customer’s cart.

Your customer’s reward will be applied to the current sale, and you can finish the transaction as you normally would. 

The redemption process is too cumbersome for our customers.  Unless someone has another way that they can suggest we are going to shut down the program.

Our suggestion to Square Support is that when someone checks out it checks the credit card/phone# to see if a reward exist that needs to be applied.  It won't catch cash customers but a large percentage of our customers use credit cards.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, and thanks for the feedback. 

The rewards are meant to be manually applied to a sale so that the buyer can choose when they want the reward applied. 

However, that's an interesting request that I haven't seen before, so I'm sure our Product Team would love to see it. I'll be sure to send this over to them. 

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the response!  Our customers are not real excited that they have given us their mobile #s and checking every time they come in slows down our express lane and definitely the drive-thru.  Our workaround is to have $5 coupons available so that when they hit the required stars we will hand them their $5 off next purchase.

Message 3 of 5

I cant find “redeem or rewards” on my library when I want to apply cusomer rewards to get their discount.  Help.  

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hi @Hubs

1. Visit your item library by tapping this icon:Item Library Icon
  2. Tap Redeem Rewards.
  3. Enter your customer’s 10- digit phone number to search for available rewards.
  4. Tap reward to apply it to the current sale.
  5. Continue check-out as normal.

If you're still having issues, please let us know.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 5