x

Gift Cards - Can these cards be used for money off their next purchase for my company only

I want to use the gift card to allow someone to get $10 off their next purchase.  Has anyone used for this purpose?  I want to be sure if I load the card with a $10 credit that it can't be used anywhere; only for my business.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

1 Giftcards can only be used for your business,  However you can't load a card with a $10 credit.  You would have to ring it for $10.00 and then take a discount or cash it out as Other.  Either way you have to write off 10.00.  and you have the cost of the card.  If this is something you want to do regulargy, I would have a coupon made.  I order business cards with a coupon design on then.  Can't be copied and much cheaper then a gift card.  

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @plinday520, and thanks for helping out @RHatch! 🙂

I also wanted to check in and mention that we recently introduced the option to process a refund to a gift card. If you're interested in this as potential workaround, have a look at this article for more details: Refund to Gift Card in the Square Point of Sale App. This feature was added as we received a lot of requests for sellers to be able to issue store credit.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions or insight.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 3