x

Escape Sequence in Barcode

Right off the bat I want to let everyone know I am very new to barcodes. I have only been using basic sku's exsiting on physical inventory.

I offer services as well in my business. These are variable depending on the client. I noticed I can scan a SKU for a variable item and it will bring up the promt to enter the price. 

Barcodes support escape sequences such as enter, tab, ect. I can't seem to make square recognize the barcode and then perform the escape sequence afterwards, it just ignores them and then dumps all the data.

For example: My barcode reads: 1655 [enter] 2000 [enter]

In theory it searches for SKU 1655 and then will enter the price of 20.00 then hit enter and add that item to the cart.

However, what actually happens is it looks for the SKU 16552000, which does not exsist.

Now that everything is in context, here are my questions.

Is there an escape sequence that the square pos will recognize?

Is there an escape sequence that will allow square to add mutlple items from one barcode (kind of like a package of items).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Square does not read barcodes that way from my understanding, it simply reads the numerical sequence and then looks for an item in your library that matches said sequence.

Message 2 of 2