x

What Happened to Week Over Week Sales Trends?

In the Sales Reports section of the Dashboard, there is a Sales Trends option. Until this morning, it would show the hourly sales for the same day of the week during the prior week. Even if the day was not over, it would show on a line graph the sales for the entire day the prior week by our. Then, a few days ago, it changed slightly. The graph only showed hourly sales for the prior week up until the current time of day - it was better the other way because it had more information.

Finally, as of today, it only shows the graph for today, then it shows  dollar change over a similar period the prior YEAR. 

Will the originally week over week features be restored or is there an option to do so? Year over year is nice too, but week over week is more important right now for my business.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: What Happened to Week Over Week Sales Trends?

Hi @toastmostroast and @HixFarmBrewery,
My team is working on the Sales Trends reports, and I wanted to follow up on your questions:

1. Comparison to Previous Week: I wanted to assure you that the comparison to the previous week is not gone and will be restored. We have been adding more comparison options, and you will soon have the ability to compare a day's sales to last year (as you've already noticed), last week or a date of your choosing. 

2. Hourly Sales: We hear you on this one. The bug you identified with the hourly sales will also be fixed. Sales trends will dispaly full day's hourly sales for a day in the past. 

Our next update is coming very soon, and I'll make sure we post on this thread to let you know as soon as it's available. I would love to hear your feedback on it!

Bora

Product Manager, Dashboard

6 REPLIES 6

I too am interested in hearing the answer to this. Part of the square value proposition is the analytics, but they're getting worse over time. I'm tired of having to write excel scripts for basic functionality... Maybe an analytics package upgrade? I would pay for it...

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Hi @toastmostroast and @HixFarmBrewery,
My team is working on the Sales Trends reports, and I wanted to follow up on your questions:

1. Comparison to Previous Week: I wanted to assure you that the comparison to the previous week is not gone and will be restored. We have been adding more comparison options, and you will soon have the ability to compare a day's sales to last year (as you've already noticed), last week or a date of your choosing. 

2. Hourly Sales: We hear you on this one. The bug you identified with the hourly sales will also be fixed. Sales trends will dispaly full day's hourly sales for a day in the past. 

Our next update is coming very soon, and I'll make sure we post on this thread to let you know as soon as it's available. I would love to hear your feedback on it!

Bora

Product Manager, Dashboard

Message 3 of 7

I like the idea of having more comparison options but need to have the week over week comparison back as quickly as possible please, we didn't even have this system or sales this time last year.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hi @toastmostroast , @HixFarmBrewery , @ksoeffker

Check out the updated Sales Trends report. The ability to compare week over week is available as well as a few other comparison options.

Please send any additional feedback my way!

Thanks!

Bora

Message 5 of 7

Amazing, many thanks!! The only thing missing now (and not mission critical) is 'this day' compared to 'this day last month' so that we can build trend reports.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

Karen

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

The Sales Trends have been fixed but now the previous year's sales are cluttering up the Sales Summary graph.  Since that data is available in the Sales Trends section, please remove it from the Sales Summary section.

Also, I would like to see the "Net Sales" figures used, I don't find the "Gross Sales" figures very useful.

Message 7 of 7