x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

I am interested in the early access program! I am an independent contractor nail technician and I use square for at least 50% of my payments. I currently use another app for keeping my appts digitally but I love the idea of it being all one app! I'm an Android user and it's very difficult to use the desktop site on my tablet.

Message 211 of 413

Hi, I am a new Square user who would like to please join early access to the Android Appointments app. 

Message 212 of 413

I'm totally interested.. I'm an independent mini salon hairstylist.. using square pos but vagaro for appts . It's a pain. Would rather use all in one app . please sign me up for the android app

Message 213 of 413

I have never gotten a response. I seen on here somewhere, where they were sending links to the app in an email? If so I didnt get one. Really ready to switch from vagaro..  @Devon , @Howard ??

Message 214 of 413

Please consider our salon for early access.

Message 215 of 413

I'd like to sign up for early access please. 

Message 216 of 413

Hello, I own a business doing mobile detailing and have used you guys for our credit card processing as well as Square capital. We currently are using Fullslate but signed up for Square Appointments to streamline our process but the problem I have is we all use android and there is no app. I would love to test this and give feed back. I was able to borrow an ipad and liked what I saw the only thing we would need added for it to work would be the location being a clickable link for maps.

Message 217 of 413

It's been in early access for a few months now. Is there any timeline for how long it will take for Android users to be able to use the appointment app? A few more weeks? Months? Another year? 

Message 218 of 413
Alumni

This is a very good question, and I understand the frustration. We announced this early access program to gather interest in the app and show this community that we are committed to making Android Appointments a reality.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the exact timelines for when we can launch. We have been working hard on the app since before the start of the year, and we will be launching as soon as we feel the app is ready and meets the high standard that Square sets when we launch a product that you, our sellers, can trust to help run your business.

I apologize that I can't provide more clarity, but I hope this is evidence that we are paying attention to you and working hard on making this app a reality!

Message 219 of 413

As of now, lack off access to the appointments app on android is making it very difficult to efficiently run my mobile business.

I understand the need to test a product before launch and how much longer android development can take, however anything would be better than what I currently have. 

I have been doing business with square since I started accepting credit cards and would really hate to change service providers simply because of lack off android access.

Message 220 of 413
Admin

@PreciseA We can go ahead and add you to our early access program. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 221 of 413

That would be fantastic. How can we begin this process?

Message 222 of 413

@Howard I've been trying to find out if I can get early access to the android app for about a week now with no reply. Can you help? 

Message 223 of 413

@Howard please add me to the list. I'm a salon owner wanting to use this for all my employees but i need to see if this will even be something I'm interested in. I'm trying to hold out for the square but half the staff is an Android user, including myself. 

Message 224 of 413

I'm very intersting in trying out Beta for Square Appointment app for android! Please add me in the program!

Message 225 of 413

I would lI've early access to the app. I don't use a computer, only phone or tablet. The website is clunky and slow, especially since not all functions are set to mobile versions. Please include me when this is available. 

DestinieBauer-Mitchell, LMT

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 226 of 413

Hi! Switched from iPhone to an Android today and super bummed to have to back track in my square app 😔 I hope this gets resolved quickly. I loved having it all in one app. Also miss having the dashboard app as well 

Message 227 of 413

Any updates on when the Android appointment app will be available? Thank you. 

Message 228 of 413

@Howard I would love to use the early access version! please email me information. I am a mobile dog groomer and the only reason that I use other software for my appointments is because I cant access Square Appointments from my phone while on the go. Thank you for your time!

Message 229 of 413

Please choose me. I would love to be a part of this. Thank you

Message 230 of 413

I would like this please!

Message 231 of 413