x

Checkbox for Schedule Button

Is there a way to add a checkbox to a Schedule an Appointment button that was generated from booking tools website embed code. Say I need clients to understand that they are paying a $40 non-refundable retainer fee and I need to make sure they know this by the point of scheduling. This would be the perfect point to add something like this so I don't have to plaster it all over my site. Any help or thoughts appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

There is a checkbox that certifies they've read your cancellation policy, which could be where you mention the non-refundable nature of the fee. That's not ideal though, since they'd have to click a link to read it. So yeah, I agree it'd be nice to be able to customize the checkout experience with a message.

Though who knows how much customer confusion it would avoid. I have my website plastered with the non-refundable message in multiple areas, and I still get plenty of people cancelling without being aware of this. People just don't read instructions these days. Sigh.

Message 2 of 4

Yeah, it would be a great feature. I know it will always be an issue but if I at least try a few things, it's better than nothing.

Message 3 of 4

We could even take this a step further. (This may or may not be possible, but most likely is). 

Start with Square. Build out your services/items/add-ons and prices.

Set your schedule that is tied to Google so it knows when you are busy and not to allow schedule time there. ( I think this is already how google integration works, but I could be wrong.)

Since we can already create buttons that go to our schedule, couldn't we have them go to the product, select variables, select that you know that at the moment you are paying a non-refundable retainer fee or the like. 

So they pick their variables, see the cost, click schedule, schedule their time to come in, show up with knowledge of what they ordered and what the final cost is going to be unless they upgrade. 

As it is now, even though Square is connected to Wordpress, it is only the inventory/products. Square could totally bypass Woo and make everything Jquery or another coding language that it may have to be (my coding knowledge is very limited so please forgive my wordings or ignorance towards that, it's more about the idea.)

The best would be to be able to have your clients not have to leave the site and purchase a service/package/collection/etc, schedule, all right there. I'm guessing this may be implemented sometime soon now that they have Appointments. It just seems like a logical evolution for them to take more market share, if this is possible, by stock now!! lol/no lol. 

If they came up with a system that all we needed was to copy/paste the code in certain places on our sites that would allow variable products to be selected along with the date, maybe in a modal popup window. Maybe a plugin that has a certain code and would allow us to just add it from our builder. I get different website platforms would be different but getting into even a couple, Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace. They all have <code> blocks. 

I need to talk to Square's dev team. I think I just made Square a couple million more a month. 

Message 4 of 4