x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137
Admin

Hi @HSCollection, very sorry to hear about the trouble you're encountering with Instant Transfers. To maintain your privacy and account security, I can't get into account specifics within the online community. I've escalated your post to the appropriate team for further review — someone will be in touch with you via the email address associated with your account as soon as any updates are available.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 22 of 138

Sure I'll be glad to speak to someone AGAIN for the 12th time within 30 days about the same reaccurring issue! And have never been given a answer as to why this is happening so frequently

Message 23 of 138

I agree!!! I'm so irritated with square  !!!  Smh I can't be dealing with this because I have too much money tied up with this app to not be able to receive my funds in my account!!

Message 24 of 138

Do they ever say it's resolved or does the money just show up?  I just had this happen today for the first time and since it's a Saturday, I can't talk to them until Monday...uggggghhh

Message 25 of 138

My account shows the transfer is pending only online...doesn't show up in my app at all.  Normally I can do instant transfer but it says I have 0$ to transfer but I do.  The second time this has happened and last Friday the first I had to wait til Tuesday to get my Monday! So frustrating?

Message 26 of 138
Square

@DD88 - While I can't speak to account specifics over the Seller Community, as it's a public forum, if Instant Transfer is unavailable for one of the reasons described in this thread, funds will still be sent according to our standard transfer schedule. As long as it's not a weekend, mostly likely, you'll still see the funds by the following morning. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 27 of 138
Square

@nannersarms - As I shared in this post, if this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day). Regardless, we will send your deposit to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 28 of 138

Well my normal transfer schedule is same business day so in fact you aren't answering my question

Message 29 of 138
Square

@nannersarms - Sorry for the confusion. Since this thread is about Instant Transfer, I assumed you were trying to use this feature. If your transfer schedule is set for next business day, your funds will be sent to your bank account Sunday evening. You should see them posted by Monday morning. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 30 of 138

This is a poor answer, typical of the trivial information provided in the Square "support" pages.

Regarding your points below:

1. If you link a different debit card can it be instantly  used for instant transfer? Yes or no? If it isn't instantly available for use, how long is the latency?

2. "Your debit card is no longer supported" Oh? do you present this information clearly with an explanation, or leave the user to guess what happened?

3. "There is a delay in account review" - Why doesn't Square tell the user that their account is "in review", what features are unavailable during this process and when it is anticipated to be finished? Suggesting this this may be the case and leaving the user to wonder about it makes for a very poor user experience.

Message 31 of 138
Square Community Moderator

@Nattybumpo In response to your questions:

1. If your previous debit card is no longer supported, you should be able to link a compatible debit card and use it for instant transfers right away so long as you meet the eligibility to initiate an instant transfer. 

2. Unfortunately, since debit card compatibility can change without notice to Square on your banks end, there isn't any clear information communicated until you attempt to initiate an instant transfer. There's no way to tell if a card is compatible until you attempt to link (or re-link). 

3. I can see how more clarity or communication around this would benefit everyone. Usually, we're able to get this taken care of within 1 business day, however if we need you to take any actions or require some information, the appropriate team will reach out via email or through your Square Dashboard. 

I hope this helps, and I know it's not the best experience to have Instant Transfers become unavailable to you. 

Making this a better and more seamless experience is currently a top priority for the Instant Transfer team, so your feedback is appreciated. 

Message 32 of 138

Ok I talked to support yesterday and they assured me that after my account was reviewed I would not have to worry about pushing my 2nd transfer of the day through as I passed the review process.  So I wait 6 hours for the review to be completed and received the 1st transfer, so I then try the 2nd transfer and low and behold the same **bleep** thing happens but 30 mins later support is not available until Monday!! SQUARE IS TRASH!! DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR GIMMICKS!!

Message 33 of 138

Im so appalled at the lack of service here. Good lord. You just answer every single qustion pointing to the same cookie cutter irrelevant copy paste

Message 34 of 138

Why is our account under review, we just submitted our bank accounts and other information and was reviewed and cleared? 

Message 35 of 138

Hey Sean,

We are waiting here to buy inventory for tonights wedding party, unfortunately instant transfer is not working. And we can't reimburse the customer's money. What can I do?

Message 36 of 138

Hey @Farmtotable808, I followed up with you on another thread in regards to this issue! 

Message 37 of 138

I meet all the requirements to instantly transfer.  I have over $1,000 in my account.  Why am I STILL not allowed to transfer my money? I understand there is a $500 limit for transfer, but there isn't even an option for me to transfer my $500.  This is frustrating and uneccesarily complicated.  I have just paid 3.5% on almost 2k worth of sales to have my money today and now I can't.  Square.... not a good look at all for you. 

Message 38 of 138
Admin

@MaturedSpace It looks like you're new to Square so you'll start with an instant transfer limit of $500 per day. If your total transfer is over that amount, your funds will automatically be transferred in 1-2 business days (according to the next-business day transfer schedule). 

I'm really sorry for the frustration that this caused and I'll share your post with the Transfers team so we can improve this experience and make sure you have instant access to your funds.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 39 of 138

The title of this thread has been edited from the original.

Anyone else instant transfer not working 

Message 40 of 138
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Shaun14 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've merged your post into a similar thread of Sellers who were also experiencing issues with Instant Transfer. I would take a look at this Best Answer from Sean for assistance here - it should get you where you need to be.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 41 of 138

Yes, my instant transfers stopped working.  Square submits them but they say my linked card is rejecting the transfer.  My bank says they don't see that Square is sending the transfer.  Square tech support says my bank is rejecting it.  Both say the problem is on the "other" end.  I'm not sure how to get my bank and Square to talk on this issue....

Message 42 of 138