x

Feature Request: Kiosk / Hide Options

Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

252 Comments
Admin

Hey @homestead1870, thanks for bringing this up.

We're continuing to track the feature request for a kiosk option. For updates on that, I'd suggest keeping an eye on this thread: Feature Request: Self-Service, Self-Checkout, Kiosk Terminal.

As for the permissions issue—I don't have another workaround to suggest, but I will be sure to share your experience with our Point of Sale team. I'll point out that showing the menu option may result in confusion or other possible issues with employees. Thank you for your patience as we do iterate based on seller feedback. Please let me know if you have any other concerns about this.

Hi,

I am Alo interested.. a fast casual restaurant here.

I have no idea how to PM you, I can't find the button. If you can PM me I will respond to you.

Thanks!

Alumni

Hi @SomeResturant - To send a PM, hover your mouse over the other member's avatar. You'll then see a pop up with a big blue button at the bottom that says "Message". Hope that helps!

If they are on mobile, is there another option besides hovering?

Admin

@gamecoder5 Yep! From a mobile device, you can send a private message in the Community this way:

1. Sign in and tap the profile icon (your avatar) in the upper right to bring up a menu. You might see a number instead of your avatar if you have an unread notification.
  2. From the menu tap Messages.
  3. Tap New Message.
  4. Enter the username of the person you want to message (make sure sure to use the exact formatting of their username), write your message! 

Step 1: 

Image-1.jpg

Step 2: 

Screenshot 2018-09-17 at 16.34.42.png

interested with self serve kiosk - please update us when its ready [Personal Information Redacted]

Paul

Alumni

Hi @mamarosagrill - I removed your email address to proect your information, but feel free to send a private message to receive more info! 

mamarosagrill,

I will make sure to keep you updated.

In the meantime,but there are any specific features you are interested in, please let me know.

Thank you,

Scott.

Hi, I am interested in your solution for our Biergarten. Please let me know when your system is ready.

I tried using the square POS to have customers check out themselves. Unfortunately, it is very limited and due to the options that I require it is just not user friendly.

Any developers interested in creating a kiosk for restaurants should just copy what is available currently on the market and start tweekig from there. For example, revel, touchbistro and toast have acceptable offerings... But not great by any means.

My only request to devs is tyat Whatever you do, don't reinvent the wheel. Just copy what's out there for now.