x

Does Square provide an API to access transaction history?

I would like to collect a little more detail about discounts, like the discount name, on a per-item basis than the detailed Items-Report seems to provide.  I was wondering if there is an API provided by Square that allows the ability to query transaction data.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Great question! While we don't offer a third party integration or an API for searching transaction data, we are making improvements to the Square Dashboard all of the time! We will post Product Updates, including our newest update that give you the ability to drill into each and ever transaction for more detailed information, which may be exactly what you are looking for! 

You can also create custom reports specifically for your business from our advanced reporting options. 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the info.  The drill down is a great feature.  Can I suggest that the discount-name be added as a field in the exported CSV file?  I realize that may not happen.  But, it would give me the ability to import which discounts are being used on specific items in my sales tracking database.  Again, thank for the insight into the improved online report.

Message 3 of 4
Square

@MuddyCreekBeer Happy that helped! I'll absolutely share out that request with our Product Liaison team, I can see how that would be very useful. 😀

Message 4 of 4