x

Appointments: Why can't we see gift card balance on client profiles?

Appointments: Why can't we see gift card balance on client profiles?

Why is it so difficult to check the balance on a customer's eGift cards? I am well aware that if we have the FULL card number we can easily check the balance. However, most of my clients come to their appointment and assume that becasue it is an eGift card, it will be easy to find online. However, their profile will only show the last 4 numbers of the card, and not the balance. Additionally, it will show ALL gift cards, even ones that have been used up and have a 0 balance. So when a client comes in for their appointment and I am checking them out, I have to try each card number until I find one that goes through, Only AFTER the transaction is complete, it may show the remaining balance. VERY FRUSTRATING. A client will ask me how much they have left on their account and I cannot give them an answer. 

I would suggest that a client's full gift card number and the remaining balance show on the client's online profile. 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments: Why can't we see gift card balance on client profiles?

Thank you for your post @Yael9077. I agree that viewing a customer's eGift Card balance right from their profile would be a very useful feature.

In the meantime, if you export the Gift Card Detail CSV report from your Dashboard you'll see it has the last 4 digits of each eGift card in one column, and the eGift Card balance in another column. To download this report:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. From the menu on the left click Reports > then click Gift Cards
  3. Edit the date range and choose the locations you'd like to view (if you have more than one).
  4. Click Export > Detail CSV. A file will be downloaded to your computer and you can open it in spreadsheet software like Excel.

I hope this is helpful! I've also moved your post to our feature request board for Square Appointments.We'll change the status of this request when we have any updates to share on this request.

1 Comment
Admin

Thank you for your post @Yael9077. I agree that viewing a customer's eGift Card balance right from their profile would be a very useful feature.

In the meantime, if you export the Gift Card Detail CSV report from your Dashboard you'll see it has the last 4 digits of each eGift card in one column, and the eGift Card balance in another column. To download this report:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. From the menu on the left click Reports > then click Gift Cards
  3. Edit the date range and choose the locations you'd like to view (if you have more than one).
  4. Click Export > Detail CSV. A file will be downloaded to your computer and you can open it in spreadsheet software like Excel.

I hope this is helpful! I've also moved your post to our feature request board for Square Appointments.We'll change the status of this request when we have any updates to share on this request.