Scholar

Can’t edit site

I’ve been having problems editing my site for a week now. I’ve called weebly & nobody ever answers the phone. I’ve cleared the cache & tried using another browser & neither fixes the problems I’m having. I’m only able to edit text on my home page but when I click publish it is loading forever & does nothing. I’m not able to get to any of my other pages as it does the same, shows loading but never finishes. Also not able to add pictures to the gallery, it no longer gives me the option to upload images when I try. Please help me to resolve this issue. 

20 REPLIES
Scholar

Re: Can’t edit site

Same. Was on the site for four hours last night updating. But today all I get when I try to edit is the loading screen. I can see and navigate my site, but just can't edit at all.

Scholar

I even sent a help ticket and have gotten no response from them. I’ve been having these problems for over a week now and my last resort was to leave a message here hoping for help resolving these issues. Hopefully they’ll fix whatever is causing the problems.
Community Manager

Can you try clearing your browser cache, @KyleW?

http://www.refreshyourcache.com

- Adam
Community Manager
Scholar

Thanks I did clear the cache/browsing data and rebooting Chrome with no effect. Also used IE with no effect; here's the error message:

This page can't be displayed

Make sure the web address XXX is correct.

Look for the page with your search engine.

Refresh the page in a few minutes.

No luck. Here's error in Chrome:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at XXX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
Scholar

FYI same issue when using my iPhone via Safari, for instance. 

The only medium that looks like I can still edit in is on the mobile app, though I don't like using that for that purpose.

All other mediums result in an long load screen, frowny face and error messages.

Scholar

Anything you can do to fix/expedite etc. would be greatly appreciated, as I need to update and get the site off the ground before a convention next week. Much appreciated.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that, @Lavender519. Can you try switching to a different browser temporarily to see if that helps?

- Adam
Community Manager
Scholar

I’ve tried both clearing cache & a different browser & neither has helped. The problems are still there. It appears to be something on your end in my opinion. I really need this to be resolved
Scholar

Yeah I tried 3 browsers, clearing caches, restarting, rebooting, using my phone etc etc nothing works.

Update: At least it didn’t all day up till right now. But a day without is still a problem, and especially a week or more as in Lavender’s case.

Hope yours likewise clears up soon, Lavender!!