Tourist

Can't get edit page to load

I log in and ge the front screen, with my site info, but when i got to the edit page it never loads. Just shows the temple for it, nothing on it and none of the weebly buttons or anyhthing works, cant click on anything at the page. any help?

32 REPLIES
Tourist

Re: Can't get edit page to load

I have been having the same problem all day!

Tourist

Same here. happened after i installed muut forum on my page. anyone can help?

Scholar

"I log in and ge the front screen, with my site info, but when i got to the edit page it never loads. Just shows the temple for it, nothing on it and none of the weebly buttons or anyhthing works, cant click on anything at the page. any help?"

I have exactly the same problem! 

Scholar

I'm also having the same problem.  I contacted Weebly and they gave some suggestions.  One was to clear the cache, which I did, but it did still not work.

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/

I also tried opening the website in other browsers but this too did not work.  A thought came to me to copy the website and see if the copy would open, and it did also not open the editor.  However if I start a whole new website the editor works fine.  So there is definately something going on with the editor I think with some existing websites.

Just know the website is still there, only the editor is not functioning.  I was able to copy the website and it still existed (I just still cannot open it with the editor).  So no need to panic thinking all is lost.

I have contacted Weebly again and I will let you know if there is any more update on a solution.  Please post anything you hear or discover that works.

Explorer

Yeah I have the same problem. Clearing cache doesn't help. I've tried trying to access the site editor on Google Chrome and Windows' Microsoft Edge - can't get it to load properly with both. 

Explorer

anythig new here ? same problem all day

Explorer

Clearing the cache worked for me.

For Google Chrome, just go look for the three dots in the upper right corner after opening Chrome, then go to settings. Then click advanced settings, go to privacy, and select clear browsing data. Then select clear cache and you're good to go!

The same problem here! I can't edit my site!

Employee Moderator Employee Moderator

Hello all... (@dekorufabrikalv @starwarsjunk @Stephenb @StaceyC @VR_Vloeimans @moana @KarenER)

I am sorry you were experiencing login problems! I tested it on our end and I was able to get into all of your accounts and site editors.

There are so many different factors here that we would need to troubleshoot. Your browser, your internet connection (and whether or not it has a firewall or antivirus software), your device. 

While I would suggest each of you open up a support ticket so an individual rep can diagnose your particular situation (and you can do that here: https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new), here are some the steps we would take, if you would like to do so on your own.

• Try a different browser.
  • If you have a firewall or antivirus software installed, temporarily disable it.
  • Try your laptop (for example) on a different internet connection (your local library or coffee shop WiFi, a friend's house, etc.).
  • Try a different device (if your laptop is giving you trouble, try logging in from a friend's laptop on the same connection).

The goal of this is to eliminate possible causes. Your friend's laptop works getting in to the account, but not yours? It's something on your laptop. You can get in on Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari? It's the Safari browser. Your account is inaccessible through every device, browser, and internet connection that you attempt? Then our team needs to look on the back end of your account and see if something's corrupt.

(And sometimes... it's just a brief outage. Maybe you try again in a half hour, and find everything is alright.)

It's a process with multiple steps, but it's a necessary one so we can get you back in your site editor to concentrate on what is important - your web presence for your business, organization, or pursuit.

So, if any of you are still having trouble, please reach out via support ticket (or phone or chat, if applicable), and we'll help you through this troubleshooting process.