x

Company credit card has my husbands name on it and square wont let the payment go through

I made 32 shirts for my husbands employer.  The employer told him to pay for the shirts with his company credit card so he did.  We had to get it authorized through American Express and everything was good to go but now I cant receive the payment bc my husbands name is on the card and our account .  Has anyone had this happen?  Is there any way I can get this payment to go through? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

you would be best off getting it paid thru the company by invoice, which they can pay with a credit card if they so wish, or from another credit card in the company.  using cards that are the same name and family as the owner of the Square account are immediate red flags for fraudulent transactions or money advance schemes.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply.  This just sucks.  I dont even make shirts to sell anymore,  he just asked if I could so I did and now I'm just out of the money until I can figure it all out....  

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

unfortunately, it is against Square's terms of service because otherwise tons of people abuse the situation to get "cheap" money advances on their credit cards and other shady things.

Message 4 of 4