x

How do I disable voids from printing on my kitchen printer?

How do I make it so when I void or comp a check / ticket, that it does not automatically print on my kitchen printer and confuse my kitchen staff? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hey @Ringo490, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and there isn't a setting in Point of Sale that allows you to prevent voided tickets from printing out. To be sure I'm on the same page—can you share a bit more on how the confusion has played out? I'd like to surface a bit more insight to our Point of Sale team as they're constantly iterating based on seller feedback.

Thanks for your patience and I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 13

HI! I was wondering this same question as well. It confuses my kitchen staff too at times because it prints out an abundace tickets. Sometimes I have to void items in the moment, especially when I am training new staff or when i need to fix a ticket,  but i dont want to re-type the ticket,  so i just enter a custom amount to charge.

However, the messup ticket is still there and I want it to be cleared/voided off my system so my other employees dont think someone has not paid. I like how it prints to the front where i can show the voided ticket to the customer, but i dont like how it prints to the back. I want my kitchen staff just to focus on the items at hand to prepare what they need to, instead of rushing back asking me if they should make the ticket or not. I wish there was a setting where we can take it off from printing to the back. It gets annoying and tedious during rush hour. 

Message 3 of 13
Admin

That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to share this information, @cilantro_tacos. I don't have a solution for this on hand right now but I will document your experience with our Point of Sale Team. We'll circle back with any other suggestions that may help prevent confusion as soon as any developments come through.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

I am having the same issue. I would like to be able to void a ticket on the my square register on my Square for Restaurants app but NOT have the void print on the kitchen printer. Is there any help?

Message 5 of 13

This has been a pain for us over here at El Toro Loco Modern Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar as well.

A workaround we found is to add an individual note to voided items that says "DO NOT MAKE" so our kitchen team knows to ignore the item,

Message 6 of 13

Since Square gift cards are not in our items library where we assign categories for our 2 kitchen printers, how do I change the setting on gift cards so they do not print on the kitchen printers?

Message 7 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @voodoocafe!

I'm moving your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question about this happening but with voids.

It works the same for gift cards sales where unfortunately you can't disable what sends to that printer.

I'd be happy to pass this along as feedback to our Product Team and to suggest this option!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

Good Evening,

Need some help. Would like to be able to VOID a ticket on the square register and not have it print in the kitchen. Can you help?

Message 9 of 13
Admin

Hey @MadGreekExpress!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

If you currently have all of your tickets printing, there wouldn't be a way to disable just the voided ones from printing. Is that what you mean? 

Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Yes. Just want the voids not to print. It’s a big waste of paper and confusing for the kitchen.

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

We have this same issue with voids and cancellations. Do we have to find a printer queue app or software to get these orders removed?

Message 12 of 13
Alumni

Nope, there's not a third party app that will prevent void tickets from printing. Sorry about that. 

@Ninjarita

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13