x

I can't add customers from the template for birthdays.

How do I add more customers after downloading template for the birthday marketing?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @celise. Our birthday campaign is based on the details in your Customer Directory - no manual updating required. It will be sent to qualifying customers automatically. Hope this helps!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Best Answer

Hi @celise. Our birthday campaign is based on the details in your Customer Directory - no manual updating required. It will be sent to qualifying customers automatically. Hope this helps!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Hello,

I'm trying to ensure I understand how the birthday marketing campaign works.  If I've manually added customer's birthdays into their profile, then create a birthday campaign for that month, will the offer only send to those people whose birthday is within the current month or to everyone who has a birthday date in their profile?  I would like to be able to send a birthday offer only to those born in the current month and am not sure how to make that happen.  Also, I'd like to be able to do the same for anniversary month and spouse birthday.  Is there a way to capture these segments within the marketing app?

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Thanks for your post, @DeanaFerris.

Regarding your first question about the birthday offer campaign, it will automatically send a coupon to the individual customer at the seven day mark before their birthday.

At this time, the ability to send an offer to those based solely on birthday month, anniversary month, or a spouse's birthday isn't available within the app. For now, you would have to keep track of these kinds of details separately but you could still use Square Marketing to send out an email campaign manually to those that are eligible. I'll make sure your suggestions get surfaced with our Customer Engagement Team.

For more information on what's currently included with automated campaigns, have a look at this section of our Support Center: Using Automated Campaigns.

Hope this helps clarify—please let me know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Can I get clarification on this... Can I create an email campaign that will automatically send a birthday email to clients near their birthday? With only the email marketing tool and not the loyalty program or anything else.

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hello @nishasupahan! Yep, with the automated Birthday Campaign 7 days before their birthday your customers will receive an email that includes a coupon.  You do not need to enroll in Square Loyalty to send these coupons - you can send coupons with Square Marketing (by email) instead.

To set up a birthday campaign, and the edit the coupon details:

1. Navigate to the Marketing section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Campaign and select Wish customers a happy birthday from the menu on the left.
  3. Click Design Campaign and edit the campaign by clicking on the template or using the fields on the right-hand side.

When your customer visit your business, from the Point of Sale app tap Redeem Rewards and then tap Use Code to apply their coupon to the sale. 

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reply! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Ok great! Has there been any updates about how duplicate clients is determined? That’s really what is holding me up from switching to square for my email marketing... I have SO MANY duplicate customers because the same first and last name doesn’t trigger a “duplicate”. 

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hi again @nishasupahan! There haven't been any changes to the way duplicates are identified recently I'm afraid. A duplicate will be identified if two or more customers share the same email address and/or phone number. You can check for duplicates from your Customer directory online and manually merge cusotmers if you notice two have the same name. 

I do understand how having the choice to identify duplicates by first/last name would help and I'll share your feedback with the Customer directory team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

I have hundreds of clients without phone numbers or emails. To go through every one, most have duplicates, would take SO long! This does not help my business and is the one thing that has held me up from utilizing square marketing. 

Message 9 of 9