x

Cash payment glitch

Is anyone having trouble with cash payments disappearing if you don’t hit “new sale” immediately after “sale completed” pops up? My drawer was waaay off yesterday - like the expected amount in the drawer was lower than what was actually in the drawer - and that was the answer I was given. Said if you leave that screen for an extended period of time that the cash payment gets “lost” in reporting to drawer. Engineers working on it. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Branflake0429

There is a period of time in between making a cash sale and ending the payment flow in which the amount could be noted in in the cash drawer report, but not be reported in the transaction list.

Unfortunately this is a known issue that our Engineering team is working on getting resolved. 

I don't have anything new to report as far as a timeline goes at the moment, so the best thing to do is to be extra mindful of hitting that "New Sale" button after cash payments so the payment captures properly. 

Message 2 of 4

Has this issue been resolved? We just had this exact thing happened to us a couple of days ago. Its like the order ticket never even existed. Customer paid in cash, and the drawer report is right on the money where it needs to be.

The first indication here was that someone deleted the ticket or voided items (cant do without manager approval) and then maybe pocketed the cash. Do not believe this happened as there are no comps/voids on this day.

Cash drawer report is right on, but transaction is missing from the day.

I have a copy of the customer bill (not the reciept so no reciept number) with the amount, date and time.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @jmack056, I think your issue is slightly different so you haven't already it would be great if you could call our Customer Success team when you have time. Please have the details of that transcation to hand when you call so they can escalate this to our Engineering team to determine exactly what happened. Thanks for flagging this. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4