x

Issue with integration of square payment gateway

I am integrating square payment gateway in open cart (already installed extension). Not able to enable from local host it require ssl certification.please provide a solution to enable this payment gateway from localhost.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@husni159 Sorry for this late reply! I just checked with our API team and they confirmed that with Square's APIs, HTTPS is required for all API calls to Square endpoints. Unencrypted HTTP API calls do not work.

We strongly recommend finding a way to secure your websites with HTTPS — even if that means changing your hosting provider. Square doesn't provide this certificate but many hosting providers support one-click installation of SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt, which is a free, automated, open-source certificate authority.

If you can't use HTTPS on your website but want to securely take payments, you can use the Square Checkout API. The Checkout API redirects your users to our secure payment form hosted on our servers, so HTTPS is not strictly required. However, downgrading to HTTP puts your users and their data at risk.  More information about HTTPS requirements for Square's API is available from our Developer's doc.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2