x

Remaining year-end inventory report

I am trying to create a report that shows my year-end inventory that I still have in stock. I would like to include quantity, price and price extensions.

The year-end inventory report on my dashboard lists everything that I sold -- not what I have remaining in stock.

Does anyone know if this kind of report can be generated?

Message 1 of 52
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Remaining year-end inventory report

@BBG - You'll need to navigate to a location specific dashboard first. Here is how:

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your Square Dashboard

2. Click on any item.

3. Under "Inventory," select a Location and press "Go."

Hope this helps! 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Square Support advises this:  

Manage Inventory and Alerts In Bulk

The Import tool allows you to download a report of your current inventory and update your inventory quantities in bulk. This is especially helpful for adding new inventory and verifying current stock.

To download an inventory report or make updates to your inventory in bulk:

1. Visit the Item Library.
  2. Click Import Inventory from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click “Download our template file” to download your current inventory CSV report.
  4. In this report, update your Stock Alert Enabled [Location] and New Quantity values and save the CSV file to your computer. 
    Note: At this time, CSVs are the only supported file for bulk import. Custom templates aren’t supported.
  5. Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window and click Upload > Confirm > Done.

To print this information for your records, Visit Item Library > click Export and follow the on-screen prompts. 

But there is no drop down menu with Import Inventory in Item Library any more.  This was how I did it last year, but Square seems to have removed the export option for some reason...

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

looking for the exact same thing right now!

Message 22 of 52
Admin

Hi @Biofeedback @tiptop No updates at this time, I hope the workaround is helpful in the meantime. If you need advanced Inventory options you might take a look at Square for Retail

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 23 of 52

My accountant wants to know how much inventory we are carrying. This would appear to be amongst the most basic of functions for simple POS system. After spending a half-hour trying to extract this info, I found this thread in the Help forum. 

If I am reading this correctly, Square has failed in 3 years to make this simple function available? I know this Application is "free" but I can tell you that the fees we have paid over the past year indicate that we should reasonably expect a few hours of development engineering be spent on this. The information is there, with a little work it can even be extracted, but do I really need to spend an hour with an adding machine to come up with our caryover inventory amount?

Message 24 of 52

We use Square POS, because we r a small business.  Cannot afford a monthly fee just to track inventory and do reports for year end and stock receiving.  Will any of these features be added in the near future?

Message 25 of 52
Admin

@LipSenseQueen The current workarond for this is export your item library from your online Square Dashboard. 

I don't have a timeline on when a specific inventory report might be added in future but we'll let everyone in this thread know if it is available. I'll also share your feedback with the Point of Sale and Reporting teams, thank you for your posts!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 52

Is there a report for this yet? At this point I may have too look at other store options, it is quite time consuming to manually track this each year, what is the point of even loading inventory in here if we are not able to pull a report to see the value of what we have on hand at the end of the year? I find it a bit hard to believe that in 4 years a report for this could not be added

Message 27 of 52
Alumni

Hi @SimplyStunning

Have you had a chance to look at the Projected Profit report on your dashboard? It's in Items > Inventory Management > Reports, and will show you your current inventory. 

Message 28 of 52

I don't see that report as being an option in my dashboard. @elaine_p 

Message 29 of 52
Alumni

Ah, the report is available in Square for Retail. If you're not a Retail subscriber, take a look at Helen's post above about exporting your item library to get a view of your on hand quantities. 

Message 30 of 52
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the alley-oop, @elaine_p 🙌📈

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 31 of 52

2021 here. Are we still requesting adding a simple "Inventory as of 12/31" and being ignored?

Message 32 of 52

I'm wondering this as well. I just have a small home-based business and I can't afford a big monthly payment, especially during Covid. I specifically loaded my inventory into Square so I could be better organized this year, but I didn't really until I started my 2020 taxes that I couldn't get a basic end of year inventory total in the POS version. 

Message 33 of 52

Anyone get an answer??  My accountant is very frustrated right now.  In QB POS there is a simple "inventory valuation" tab...plug in any date and it tells you what you had on hand on that date.  

Message 34 of 52

Hello @playchicago

We see its your first post, congrats!

Are you a Square for Retail user or Square Point of Sale user? The answer here will depend on which app you currently use.

I look forward to reading your reply 😊

Frida
Message 35 of 52

how do i have it look historically at a specific date.  When i do the import /export function, it is showing as of current date, not 12/31

Message 36 of 52
Beta Member

It’s been 5 years and no proper inventory management reporting available!! It’s pretty simple opening stock+purchase-closing stock how hard can it be to integrate when all the information you have is right there! Seriously thinking of moving away from square if we can’t get proper  inventory  report!! 

Message 37 of 52

Is there a way I can run a report showing my current inventory by category? The one I found just shows a summary.

Message 38 of 52

Hi and welcome to the Seller Community! 👋

This would be considered a feature request at this time, @BlomsterHus. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it). Also please follow de following criteria:

• The submission can only contain 1 request for 1 product.

• A submission that describes multiple requests will not be accepted and will need to be split into multiple submissions.

• The submission cannot be a request for lower fees.

• The submission cannot be a general complaint.

• The submission cannot be general product feedback.

JJ
Message 39 of 52

2022 here.... still no way to see inventory at year end?? This is so frustrating, especially when we have literally thousands of items...

Message 40 of 52

You can still download your item library with the steps outlined in the Best Answer above to download a file showing your inventory levels @Starbuck. This would show you your item levels at the time you've downloaded the file. 

Message 41 of 52

Thanks @Arie . No one did it on December 31, however, so I was hoping for more of a time machine capability to go backwards lol. That'll teach me  - I need to put that on the calendar. 🙂

Message 42 of 52