x

How do I Link or Change my Bank Account?

How and where can I change the bank account that is linked to my Square Register Account?

Message 1 of 99
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great Question! You can Link and Edit your Bank Account at anytime from your Square Dashboard. To link a bank account, follow these steps:

• Sign in to Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.

• Add the requested bank account information. When adding a name for your bank, pick any name that will help you identify the account. It doesn’t have to be the same name on the bank account. It’s good to note that your account and routing numbers are usually listed at the bottom of your checks. Some credit unions use electronic account numbers for deposits from Square (ACH transactions), which can be different than the account number on your checks. You’ll want to confirm with your credit union that you’re using the correct account number.
  • Click Verify Account.

Once you change your banking information, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the changes. For security reasons, you will need to click on that email within 24 hours to kick start the verification process.

One thing to keep in mind, verifying a new bank account can take up to 5 business days, until the bank verification is fully complete any funds will be sent to your previously linked bank account. 

To see more about linking or editing your banking information please see this video:

This post was updated October 12, 2017 to include a video resource. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Change bank information" The author has been notified via email.

How to change bank information 

Message 22 of 99

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Money is stuck on my card. Can't get a bank account.

Took a payment. That worked. But now I cant do anything with the balance. Wont let me use the card on Venmo. Keeps declining.

Message 23 of 99
Alumni

Hi @Tonyoke, you will not be able to link a Venmo account to your Square account, as Square requires a transactional bank: an account that allows for both transfers and withdrawals. The reason for this is to support refunds or chargebacks - Venmo, like PayPal, is not a transactional bank account.

I moved your post here so you can learn more about linking a bank account from @Kelly's answer.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 99

My bank account Information is correct.  I can not change my bank account

Message 25 of 99

your system states my banking information has been verified but the connection failed

Message 26 of 99

Does it need to be done on computer?

Message 27 of 99
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Esf11

Welcome to the Community.

You have the ability to change your bank account on your Dashboard or your Point of Sale app. 

Checkout this Support Article that has the step by step guide to do this through either option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 28 of 99

I've done all of this and dont receive the verification email (not in spam, etc.). I've resent the email 3-4 times over the past 48 hrs and still haven't received it. My email is correct (I receive all other square emails). Any thoughts?

Message 29 of 99

Hi @Chelle - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

This sounds frustrating.

Sounds like you're in a one off situation that will need to be manually sorted out by one of our Customer Support Advocates. You may need to use an alternate email for the sake of receiving this correspondence.

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community. Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 30 of 99

I have yet to received an email or any form of communication from Square trying to resolve my issue at this point do you have over $5000 that belong to me if I don’t receive immediate action within the next five days I will seek federal assistance in resolving this issue

Message 31 of 99

I have tried multiple times and it doesn't let me 

Message 32 of 99

Hey there, @OLIVIA3 I am sorry you are having some issues. 

I just want to make sure I understand what is going on correctly. You are trying to change your bank account and our system won't let you? Are you getting any error messages? 

Message 33 of 99

No 

Message 34 of 99

No

Message 35 of 99

Yes I did that but it didn’t work 

Message 36 of 99

Please provide me with an email or phone number so we can change bank accounts. We had to close one account due to the theft of some checks.

Message 37 of 99
Square

@Aldente69 Check out the info above on how to edit your bank account. 

Message 38 of 99

I followed the information on how to change the bank account and didn’t work. I did it multiple times so I just cannot longer do it. It’s too frustrating.

Message 39 of 99

I did that and it didn’t work 

Message 40 of 99

There was no theft I have never used a card with out consent or costume knowledge 

Message 41 of 99

I have posted it already 

Message 42 of 99