x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

When sending an invoice, I want to be able to provide details of the order and allow for a deposit instead of creating 2 different invoices.  Right now I would create an invoice for the deposit and then one for the final payment. 

Is that something that the Square would consider adding to the invoices? It makes tracking orders more simple.  I don't use square often because that feature is missing. 😞

Is anyone else in need of this option on invoices?

Square

Hi @SweetCravings — Thanks for taking the time to post in the Seller Community! It looks like another seller had a similar question in this thread. Check it out for more details. 

I need this feature too -- partial payments applied to Invoices.  C'mon Sean, work your magic!! 🙂

Square

@anyaviolins - I'll be sure to share the feedback! 🎩  

Yes PLEASE add this feature asap. So many customers enjoy using lay-a-way, and it would be so much easier for us to be able to send one invoice they pay on instead of having to create multiple invoices for the same sale.

Thank you for taking in the feedback. I love using Square! Keep up the good service ; )

Hi Sean,

I hope all's well. I have recently switched the online payment portal for 2 of my businesses (retail and design) from PayPal to Square. I've been very pleased with the service thus far.

I'd like to be able to offer my design clients the ability to make partial payments on their invoices. I've read through the feed and it seems that after 8 months (!) this feature is not yet available. Can you please share if this feature is on the roadmap to be implemented in the next 3-6 months?

I've also read many workarounds that seem to be time-consuming and an accounting nightmare. I'm wondering, can a customer pay multiple invoices at one time? I found a similar question here, but couldn't find the answer. https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Monthly-Invoice-of-multiple-sales/m-p/17879#M920... Can you please help me with this?

Thanks!

Square

@DanEnt - Welcome to the Seller Community, we're happy to have you!  As for promising a timeframe, unfortunately that's not something I can do. Having said that, I'm more than happy to pass along your feedback, as well as update this thread if Square does make any announcements regarding this feature request. Hope to hear more from you in the community! 

How are Square users creating work arounds for down payments and/or partial payments. Square recognizes the issue but has not created a solution. If you think it's a issue for your business, I encourage business owners to provide feedback to square support via phone, email or social media.

Square

@notjustcakeva23 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post. I've definitely heard this feature request from a number of sellers. Just to clarify, are you talking about partial payments towards invoices? 

I would like this feature too. My clients pay a deposit for services and the remaining balance upon completion. I would love for them to be able to submit partial payments on a single invoice. Also, I'd like for them to be able to make payments when they desire, I don't want to have to resend them the invoice. Thanks.