x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239

Yes, yes, yes!!!!  This is an absolute MUST HAVE!  It's so inefficient otherwise!

Message 22 of 240

Not having the mailing address of your customer is just horrible.  I would love to see a place to add the customer address to the invoice, or request it on the receipt.

Message 23 of 240

I 100% agree. There should be a shipping address option available when sending invoices!!!

Message 24 of 240
Square

Thanks for that input! I absolutely see how having a space to collect shipping information would be extremely important and I will share that out with our Product Liaison Team. 

In the meantime, you may want to check out Square's Online Store, when your customer places an order they will be prompted to enter in their shipping information. You will also be notified when an order is placed and will have full access to your customer's shipping and contact information. 

You can get started setting up your Online Store right on your Dashboard.  

Message 25 of 240

You are only able to have one store at a time which does not work for companies (such as my embroidery service) that offer special items to certain customers.  I upload union shirts for the Fire Department to order and cannot be available to the public.  Even if we had the capibility to add multiple websites for individual customers, I would spend all my time making websites instead of uniforms!  Adding a shipping address template to the invoices is the way to go!

Message 26 of 240
Square

@mamastitch - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll be sure to pass along the feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 27 of 240

I can't believe this is still an issue. We shouldn't have to contact the buyer again to get a shipping address from them. The shipping info should be available to the seller once the buyer pays their invoice. 

Message 28 of 240

Seriously! Would have so many problems solved if Square captured the shipping address for customers. We want to use Square exclusively, but can't because we need shipping information for a company that does not have a website. We are no the traditional e-commerce, but you'd be making some money instead of PayPal if you capture that information.

Message 29 of 240

I just sent my first invoice. I discovered there is no Shipping & Handling option so I entered it myself in the "add Item" area. I am hoping there is a place for a shipping and handling charge option as well as a request for customer to include shipping address with invoice. 

Message 30 of 240
Square

Check out this thread for more info! 

Message 31 of 240

I desperately need this functionality also!  But not just on invoices - I would like the option to collect a shipping address during a Point of Sale transaction. I am selling at art shows, and in some cases I may have a customer who sees a piece and wants me to create a custom version of it for them in a different size.  I would like to be able to take payment from them at that moment when they're in the buying mood (rather than sending them an invoice), but collect their address and then see the entire order details on the dashboard so that I can fulfil and ship their custom piece as soon as it's ready. 

Message 32 of 240
Square

@ajpaul - Thanks for the input. As a follow up, you could use the customer directory to keep track of your customers' addresses. 👌

Sean
he/him/his
Message 33 of 240

Not having an area designated for shipping address is annoying and hasn't been addressed all year. How can something so simple be such task for a profitable company. I will look to see if you do something about it in 2017 before I start to seek another payment processor

Message 34 of 240
Square

@kilahlipstick - It looks like we're tracking this particular feature request in this thread. We'll be sure to post any future updates here. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 35 of 240

I sent an invoice, it has been paid, where can I find customers address?

Message 36 of 240
Square

@mrtiedye - We don't currently offer this feature, but we are actively tracking seller interest. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 37 of 240

thank you Sean for your reply ..... I thought I would try your new invoice service to see if it would work for me and my buiness,  it does not.  I prefer to send an invoice to a customer AND then be able to ship my product to my customer without having to send them anohter email.   If you are able to fix this problem and 'make commerce easy'  let me know and I will try your service again.

Peace ~ Carl

Message 38 of 240

Please let us know when customer address with invoice will be available.  Required for recurring invoices.

Message 39 of 240

Please add this feature ASAP!  This is the biggest reason that square isn't terribly effective for business that invoice specific customers and can't just "make a website" for each order.

Message 40 of 240

Is this something that's been fixed yet? I do not have an online store - I sell product through facebook so I need to be able to collect addresses when I send out the invoice to know where to ship product. It's SO unprofessional to have to follow up to request an address. 

Message 41 of 240

Not as far as I know. It's a shame, really. 😞

Message 42 of 240