x

Name your Price

I am trying to figure out how to allow customers to choose their own pricing for specific services I offer. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @luminoussoul, thanks for bringing this up. Right now, we don't offer the option for the customer to enter in a custom price for making a purchase.

If you're using Square Register, you can enter in a custom amount for your buyer by processing a custom sale amount.

Any chance you'll be selling items with the Square Online Store? If so, I'd suggest that you consider adding price points to your items. This will allow your customers to select an item with the base price, and as they add more features/sizes (a.k.a price points), the price will increase. Find more details on this in our Support Center. Note: item variations must have a fixed price to be sold in your Online Store.

If this doesn't cover what you're needing to do, can you reply here with some more information on how you'll be making sales and why it's important that your customers choose their own pricing? I'll be happy to see if there's any other solutions that we can offer! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

Hi there! I'd like to follow up on this chain. I am looking to create a "Name your price" for a few of my items. The reason it's important is that the items are intended for easy/free access but we would like to also offer buyers to throw in a few bucks in exchange if they are interested. Item variations makes it tricky because I don't like the idea of putting price options in for them and would much prefer if it was an empty column they could type in. 

Any chance this idea will be considered for implementation?

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@thirdpress There hasn't been any new development or updates in regards to this specific feature. 

I agree it would be a helpful feature for sellers and buyers. I'll let our Product Team know about your interest in this getting built out. 

If we make any changes in the immediate future, we'll be sure to update everyone. 

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Gonna add a use case from my business...

We are a (nonprofit) Floral Studio, Gift Shop, and Greenhouse/Garden Center. I was exploring the use of a "name your own price" feature on our square site, because Square for Retail is still not capable of placing timed delivery orders from the POS. I thought I could put a computer near the registers (see how silly this already is?) and just have associates hop online and take flower arrangement orders there. We absolutely can add price points to our arrangements, but what is typical in this industry is letting the customer just set a budget and allowing us to fill to that budget. I was going to place a bookmark on the desktop of the computer to the "hidden" link so that only associates could access it and just have them go through the process as though the customer was at home placing the order themselves. But alas, name your own price isn't an option online. 

I have had to do figure out *so* many workarounds to make Square work for us, it's absolutely exhausting. Square makes good money on us and I'd really like to see some long-requested features actually get built and rolled out. #RoundUpButton

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

What would happen if on your Website you had a section like Contact us but called Set Your Own Budget.  In this section the customer may set a Budget and choose options such as type of Floral Arrangements and different categories from your Catalog.  The person leaves their Email address or a cell that you can send PICTURES to of different Arrangements that would be in their budget.  Then when they agree to One of the arrangements you send an invoice for Custom Arrangement XYZ, or add XYZ Arrangement to a custom amount that is entered when the customer comes to pick it up.  In the Description you can have what is included in this arrangement.   

I know its another work around. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Great idea! Definitely worth exploring. I haven't done much in the way of forms on our site, because even those don't intuitively produce orders for us to fill. Just starting to tinker with that.

Message 7 of 7