x
Beta Member

Can open tabs be organized by last name?

Can my guests' bar tabs be organized alphabetically by LAST name instead of their FIRST name?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

@DG925 At this time you can organize your open tickets by name which is alphabetical -- but also by the amount and time if that helps? To see these options click Tickets > and click the sort icon (two arrows).

You can also use the search box to enter your guest's last name pull up an open tab. Can you share a bit more about why sorting the tabs by last name this would be helpful to you? Is it an easier way to find a guest you know will be at the end of the list? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 8

THis is our issue with only having tickets arranged by FIRST NAME.

We have the same issue with our Square POS. We cannot seem to organize "tickets" by last name. We keep the credit cards on file for open Tickets. We alphabetize those cards by LAST NAME, which we thought was a pretty standard practice. When a customer comes to tab out at the end of the evening, they typically just say "close my tab... it's under SMITH", so you grab the C.C., then you have to ask for there first name as well to match the ticket. 

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your business needs around this @BircusBrewingCo

While there hasn't been any updates on sorting by last name rather than first name, I can see how it would be more common to close out tickets by last name, especially for businesses like your own. 

I'll continue to raise this to our Open Tickets team and hopefully we can get some movement on prioritizing this feature in the future product updates. 

Message 4 of 8

It's been three years since this thread began. I manage a bar and continue to have the same concern. We store cards for open tabs alphabetically by LAST name but we cannot sort open tickets in the same way. 

Are there any plans to add this feature?

Message 5 of 8

@SAVC Unfortunately, we do not have any updates as of yet.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

EVERY bar and restaurant files tabs by last name.  Tabs filed by first names is very frustrating and inefficient for all service workers who have always filed tabs under last names.  This is a very important feature for EVERYONE in the bar and restaurant world. This issue along with the Inability to remove the NO TIP button is preventing several business where I operate from switching to square.   These both seem like fairly easy coding fixes, especially the last name first issue.  WHY IS THIS SO HAR TO FIX OR MAKE AN OPTION????  CAN THIS PLEASE BECOME A PRIORITY FOR A BETA PROGRAM?

Message 7 of 8

Hey @MagsAth,

Welcome to the Community!

We appreciate you sharing your business use and why this feature would be valuable for you. Feel free to also share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here.

Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with! 

Message 8 of 8