Scholar

Cookie Banner

Hi..

when is the cookie opt in or out banner being enabled ??

6 REPLIES
Employee Moderator

Re: Cookie Banner

Hi @yuuzuu The banner is expected to be released any day now and will definitely by live by Friday. You won't have to make any changes, though, it will automatically populate on your sites. Smiley Happy

Scholar

thanks @Bernadette

This new Banner is not confirm with the new law. You don´t even give me a chance to remove it. I didn´t heard from weebly about this **bleep** since month. So i found a solution by myself with an APP. Now you build this banner without any information i need!

WHy?

Curator

"This new Banner is not confirm with the new law."
100% correct.
Scholar

Weebly's standard cookie banner text is causing  EU clients lot of legal and commercial risks. it CANNOT be standard as every company's cookie practices are different. please enable customization immediately.

Employee Moderator

Any questions, comments, and concerns regarding GDPR really needs to be submitted through a ticket so that the ticket can be escalated to our policy team. I know everyone is looking for answers and clarification here on community, but all we can do is refer you to our help articles. I'm really sorry, everyone, for the stress this is causing! Smiley Sad 

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000176348