x

Shipping Options

Right now, I offer two categories of items in my store. (More will be added in the future.) One category consists of art jewelry. I'd like to charge $7 for shipping an order of art jewelry, because I would like to ship all art jewelry orders via Priority Mail shipping, which includes tracking and insurance. The other category consists of art prints. These prints costs just a few dollars each. I'd like to charge $2 for shipping an order of prints, in order to cover First Class Mail, no insurance or tracking. In the near future, I will be adding original canvases and other heavier, bulkier items to my store, but I'm holding off because of this shipping issue.

I would like to be able to set shipping per order, with the customer choosing  which shipping method and price that they prefer, but it seems as though that is not yet an option. Is that something that your dev team is working on? This will impact my decision to stay with Square or to move to a different provider, using PayPal.

Right now, I can see a workaround in which I set free shipping on everything, build super cheap shipping into the item price, and offer Priority Mail shipping as an Item to be added to the cart of any order, but I don't see where I can express that workaround to my customer. There is no place to add that information, except to the item description, and my item descriptions are already very long, as they consist both of a short physical description with sizes and materials, but also an artist's statement about each piece. 

Help for a workaround? Is this shipping issue going to be addressed by your dev team? Thanks so much for any help or answers.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

@notyomamalawton - Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed post. Its sounds like we may have covered your question in this post. Please let me know if you do have any other follow up questions. As for the feature request process, you can check out this post for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2