x

Why are you charging for the loyalty program now?

As a brand new business I am extremely dissapointed that Square will soon be charging a monthly fee for the (once) free loyalty program.  I really do not understand this.  Why not just offer a free version and then a premium  version?  I am just now establishing my customer base as a new coffee shop and now we will have to switch to some other type of loyalty program.  Very inconsiderate of you Square. 😞

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

I believe there's always been a fee for the program. Perhaps you were just using the free trial and didn't realize it was a trial.

Message 2 of 8

I suppose, you know how it is when your setting up a new businsess, you sometimes miss the details.  I was told about this by another coffee shop and thought it was cook so I jumped on it!  $25/month is way too expensive for a digital loyalty program!  

Message 3 of 8

I agree with you!

Message 4 of 8

We have had the loyalty program for three months and never did I see that there was a charge associated with it.  Can anyone else comment on wether or not it use to be free?

Message 5 of 8

Yes, it used to be free but as of October, it will be fee-based. 

Message 6 of 8
Square

Hey everyone! For more details on our updated loyalty program, you can check out this product update thread. Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 8

No thanks, I'm leaving the Square loyalty program due to your decision to charge a monthly fee.  It makes it difficult to have a loyalty program that you have to pay for and then turn around and give stuff away to your customers for being loyal.  Not small business friendly!

Message 8 of 8