Highlighted
Scholar

Copy Product Function Not Working Correctly

When I use the "copy product" button the editor does nothing but show a box that says "copying product", but if I hit cancel the copied product will sometimes show up at the top of my products page. Has anyone else experienced any issues with "copy product" or is it just me?

9 REPLIES
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Copy Product Function Not Working Correctly

Are you seeing that with specific products, @111sportbike? If so, does the product have a lot of product options?

- Adam
Community Manager
Scholar

I have had the same issue with a couple different products, both with 5 or 6 color options. It did not do the same thing on a product with zero options. Thank you for responding.

Ok, thanks for the details. I tried replicated this with a test product of my own but couldn't. Can you try logging out, clearing your browser cache, then logging back in? I want to make sure it's not a cause of older back-end scripting being cached.

- Adam
Community Manager
Adventurer

I'm having the same issue with a product that only has two options and two images. Copy procedure in endless loop and you need to cancel to leave the dialogue. Tried re-starting and clearing cache. 

Employee Moderator Employee Moderator

Is there a specific product you're seeing this on? We'll see what we can do to reproduce it here.

I'm having the exact same issues. How can I resolve the copy function not working correctly?

Employee Moderator Employee Moderator

Hello PrimePerformanc! Just to clarify, is there a particular product you're having fail to cancel when copying?

Same problem here. I've tried to Copy Product with all the stuff in my store and it worked a couple times but now it just hangs up, spinning, and spinning, and spinning...

There's definitely a bug. Please fix. We pay for this service.

Are you making a copy of a product that's a copy of another product (which was in turn a copy of another product), or are you trying to copy a product that was made new itself?

- Adam
Community Manager