x

Square Appointments: I can't add the 'Book' button to my Instragram business account

Hi I tried every possible way to make the book button on my Instagram business account and I canโ€™t. 

Message 1 of 203
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again, @MtLaurel ๐Ÿ‘‹ This should be under "Appointments for Square", as shown in the screenshot below

Screenshot 2023-12-19 12.50.23 PM.png

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 182 of 203

Best Answer

Hi @utpmiami - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I suggest starting out with these troubleshooting steps:

When youโ€™ve synced Square Appointments with Meta for Business, you may receive an Admin Permission Required message. This error occurs when the admin of a Facebook Business page or Instagram Business profile requires admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account to make changes.

For a staff/team member trying to connect, they will need to enable the permissions set via Facebook Business Manager. To do so, go to Account & Settings > Manage subscriptions to Square services.

• For Add-on Businesses, access Facebook Support โ€” this will provide an email and chat option.
  • For Admin Permissions issue, select the Selecting and connecting assets topic.

To get admin access granted to add a Book Now Button, visit the Meta Business Help Center, particularly this help article: Add People to a Business Account and Add a Business Asset.

If this doesn't improve things,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 185 of 203
202 REPLIES 202

Square says you can post a "book" button on your business Instagram profile, but what I have read online says that Instagram is not set up with Square. Does anyone know how to do this?? HELP!

Message 2 of 203
Admin

Hello @thelashbabe904! Square Appointments does integrate with Instragram now! Follow the steps below to add the Book button from your Instagram business profile.

First of all make sure you have:

1. A business profile on Instagram.
  2. Enabled your Appointments online booking site.

Then, from Instagram

1. Go to your business profile on Instagram > tap Edit Profile.
  2. Click Business Information Contact Options.
  3. Tap Add an action button > select โ€œAppointments by Square.โ€  
  4. Enter your Square Appointments online booking site URL. (You can find your URL from your Appointments dashboard or from the Appointments app: tap Settings > Online Booking > Square Booking Site.)
๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 203

Iโ€™ve done all of that but for some reason, the โ€œadd an actionโ€ button does not show up on mine! ๐Ÿ˜ซ under Contact Options all I have is email, number, address. 

Message 4 of 203
Admin

Hmm, that's strange @thelashbabe904. Just to confirm - do you have a business profile on Instagram (the steps to switch are here)? 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 203

So strange! Yes itโ€™s a business profile, Iโ€™ve attached a Facebook page to it, Iโ€™ve added my address and everything! ๐Ÿ˜”

Message 6 of 203
Admin

Thanks for double checking that for me! I just checked with our Appointments team and this is an issue that Instagram is working on as we speak - I'm so sorry for the trouble and confusion it has caused!

I'll post here again when this has been resolved. (I anticipate it'll take 24-48 hours but I can't make any guarantees yet!) Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 203

Thank you sooooooo much!!!!! 

Message 8 of 203
Admin

@thelashbabe904 I'm sorry for the delay. I wanted to let you know we're still working on this and I'll reply here as soon as I can confirm this issue has been resolved! Again, I really appreciate your patience with this.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 203

Iโ€™m having an issue with adding the book me button to my business Instagram account.  Doesnโ€™t say why.. please help 

Message 10 of 203
Admin

Hey @Lenadi!

Are you receiving any type of error message? We would actually suggest reaching out Facebook/Instagram for support. Please feel free to circle back with your findings. 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 203

It doesnโ€™t say why - no error message.. and reaching out to fb/IG is completely pointless as they never respond. 

Message 12 of 203
Admin

Hmm. Okay, that's unfortunate @Lenadi. Please give our Support Team a call. They can take a look at your account on the backend. Sorry about this ๐Ÿ˜” 

Message 13 of 203
Admin

Hi again @thelashbabe904. I've just heard that this issue has been resolved and you should be able to add the Book button to your Instagram account. 

Please reply here to let me know if you're still experiencing issues with this! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 14 of 203
Beta Member

It doesnโ€™t show any square appointments any where 

Message 15 of 203
Admin

Hi @Flashwashh-

I moved your post to this thread. We're experiencing some issues with the Instagram integration but should be back up and running soon. We'll post an update here once we've confirmed that it's resolved. Sorry about that! 

Message 16 of 203

Hi Helen, I have followed instructions and I get all the way to the end, then it says, รกdmin permission requiredยด. Please help.

Message 17 of 203

Hey there @CoastalBliss I am sorry you are experiencing this as well, how annoying. To confirm these are the steps you have followed? 

Message 18 of 203

It doesnโ€™t allow me to sign in. I try to type to sign in and it wonโ€™t allow me to but it does allow me to type to set up. I already have one set up, I donโ€™t want to create another. Do I redownload insta for it to allow me to type?

Message 19 of 203

Iโ€™m in the exact same position. Canโ€™t type in the sign in box but can create a new account? Odd. Need help asap 

Message 20 of 203

I get as far as entering my square email/phone number and it will not let me type anything. I have tried on multiple devices, refreshing, closing and reopening, absolutely everything. It will not let me add my information so that I can add the booking button. Send Help!!

Message 21 of 203