x

How do I get the receipt screen to pop up automatically after signature?

I'm new to Square.  Just got the device.  I swiped my own card to test it by sending $1.  Once I signed, the app said "all done."  I thought there is supposed to be a screen that automatically pops up asking if the customer wants to put in an email or text to get their receipt.  Is there a setting I need to toggle?  I can't find it.

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Under Settings, Signature and Receipt, make sure the option 'Skip receipt screen' is off.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Under Settings, Signature and Receipt, make sure the option 'Skip receipt screen' is off.

Message 2 of 14

I have the SKIP RECEIPT SCREEN turned OFF, but sometimes the receipt screen doesn't pop up.  It's very annoying and innconvenient to have to go into activity and do a NEW RECEIPT when it doesn't pop up. Is this just another issue with Square POS?

Message 3 of 14

One other thing I noticed is when customer has email-receipts enabled (they entered email adress at some square-pos, not necessarily yours) it (can) skip the receipt screen....

Message 4 of 14
Square Community Moderator

@Rolf is correct here (thanks for the response!)

@SOSN  If your customer has provided an email address to receive a receipt from any Square seller in the past, they will not need to enter their contact information and will receive an automatic receipt. The information that a customer enters for their receipt is linked to the payment card.

This is intended behavior, as some folks have long email addresses and it would be pretty time consuming to have to enter it for every Square payment. 

Message 5 of 14

Suggestion: 

If an automatic receipt is sent, notify the seller somehow, so sellers know it has been sent.

1. Display screen that says receipt sent to seller at e.g., e**@gmail.com, instead of the receipt screen.

2. Note it in the transactions detail that a receipt was sent.

3. Both

I use the app on my phone to enter transactions.  Most of our transactions are over the phone.  I do not  have any POS devices.

Message 6 of 14

When I go to account and settings, all I see is account and no settings.  I am using this on my iPad.  Where are the settings located?  I do not see Signature and Receipt.  When I have a sale and process it on my iPad, the receipt screen will either: 1. Not come up at all.  2. Come up with No Thanks in black and the email and text grayed out or 3. Have the text and "no thanks" in black and email grayed out.

I appreciate any help!

ETA: Never mind, I found it!

Message 7 of 14
Alumni

🙌🏽  Amazing!

Message 8 of 14

I am having the same issue - every few transaction the receipt screen doesn't come up.  I have the skip screen set to off and the customer doesn't actually touch the screen so don't do email or texted receipts.

Message 9 of 14
Super Seller

@SheaO 

Go here : /dashboard/point-of-sale/devices 

On the right Side it says Edit Settings in blue---Click that on a computer

In the Signature and Receipt section Make sure Always Show Receipt Screen has a Blue Dot to enable it.

This should always ask what type of receipt the customer wants after the sale.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 14

yep - did that like I said and double check it every time it does it

Message 11 of 14
Super Seller

@SheaO ;

You said you have the ' I have the skip screen set to off ', you want to be in Device Settings and at the Collect Signatures section Always Show Receipt Screen ON...... Blue Dot  see picture.

collect signatures.png

If you have the Blue Dot in the Skip Receipt Screen it will skip it if the customer has a Square profile to automatically get receipts by text or email from another store.  The above are my settings and my receipt screen pops most of the time, if it does not it notifies me a Receipt was sent to the customer via email and shows me their partial email address so I can confirm it with them.  If they still want a Printed receipt I can look in my transactions for their transaction tap New receipt and choose Print.  This has happened a few times when people used a work email and changed jobs for instance and never updated their Square profile as a customer. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 12 of 14

I don't have all those options - I'm on the free version since I'm poor and have a tiny shop.

Anyway... I have "signature - collect signatures" is off and "Receipt - skip receipt screen" is off - so according to what it says the receipt screen should be there after each transaction

Message 13 of 14
Super Seller

@SheaO ;

When you are looking at these settings are you on the Device or are you on a computer?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 14 of 14