x

Trouble linking debit card to Square instant transfer

Anyone having trouble linking to a Bank of America debit card? I've had Square several years and linked various debit cards but now that I am trying to link to a Bank of America debit card, it will not verify. It keeps saying that the card does not support square. I am wondering if this is because BOA tries to get all their biz customers to use Clover? To confirm, the account itself was able to recieve regular deposits from Square, just not instant with a debit card. The card number has been input multiple times in different ways, once with my name, once with business name. Ugh. SO very frustrated. 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 33
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Trouble linking debit card to Square instant transfer

Hello! A quick update for this thread: all Bank of America debit cards are now suppported with Instant Transfer. This includes  includes BOA Small Business Banking Cards. 💳 🎉

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! A quick update for this thread: all Bank of America debit cards are now suppported with Instant Transfer. This includes  includes BOA Small Business Banking Cards. 💳 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

I made sales yesterday and they were not put in my account because square said my credit card was denied.  I can't find ANY WAY to contact a real person.  This really worries me.  Do you have any suggestions?  Gayle

Message 2 of 33

im having the same issues! i have $295 just sitting and i cant transfer funds to mu bank account OR get a bank card threw square! its very aggravating and im to the point where im about to close both of my business accounts threw square and go somewhere else

Message 3 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @bagandboujee21 

Thank you for reaching out. Very sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your account. These forums are public, so to protect your privacy, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team directly. Apologies again for the frustration, and thanks for your understanding.

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 33

How do I add my new debit card so I can get my instant deposit

Message 5 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Davismatt2244,

That's a great question! Before you are able to set up instant transfers, you will need to have a bank account linked to your Square Account. Sending money instantly to a separate debit card is currently a feature request if you already have a supported account and routing number linked.

Once you’ve linked a bank account from the app or your Dashboard, learn about sending instant transfers.

You can add a debit card if your bank account is not supported for instant transfers. View a list of supported bank accounts.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 6 of 33

My name is Judy Stice. I now have verification that my account has been mishandled. What do I need to do to get my money to the right place?

Message 7 of 33

I’m having the same problem did u ever get this resolved . I been trying to link my boa card for two weeks and still can’t get it

Message 8 of 33
Super Seller Alumni

Take a look at this help page, it talks about bank accounts that work and don't work.  Not all Bank of America Account types will work.

To contact support click the Contact link in the support page and follow the prompts.

Message 9 of 33

I am was wondering if chase bank has the same problem cause I am going through that problem now 

Message 10 of 33
Alumni

Hi @eruiz82 - It looks like Chase isn't listed in that article linked above as one of the "strong link success" right now. You should try linking (if you haven't already), since we can’t confirm if a card is supported until an attempt to link it to Square has been made.

You can also call into Support to get further troubleshooting tips.

Message 11 of 33

Yes... I have a Chase Liquid Card and I wont let me connect to it

Message 12 of 33
Admin

It sounds like you're debit card isn't supported with Instant Deposit @nancyg22. There's mroe information about why some cards are not supported in the Support Center.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 33
Admin

Best Answer

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 14 of 33

Hi there, Helen. I just got off the phone with both Bank of America and with Square's live chat. I'm still not able to connect my card and definitely need help. Bank of America is seeing my attempts and each of them are for $0.00 and not $1.00 which I was told is the amount they take out for verification. Please help.

Message 15 of 33
Alumni

Hey @chriscannon711 -  Justin here stepping in for Helen! 

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble setting up Instant Transfer - sounds like a pain.

Mind calling in about this? Seems like something our Support Team may need to look further into - as it might be easier to talk through your issue over the phone than live chat.  Here are the steps to look up your code are here: http://squ.re/howtocontact

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 33

I have one debit card (personal) currently linked but I just had a notice saying it was "declined"(?), ...It's asking me to link another card, not sure why . When I tried to link my other B of A small business debit card, it says not supported.

Is this because on one occasion I needed an Instant Transfer, many months ago? I remember my business debit card not being supported, so that one occasion, I linked my personal bank acct. debit card. 

I've tried twice now this morning and it says, "not supported" .  Both cards are current and not expired.

Square also says my deposit will not go through unless I link a debit card.

Message 17 of 33
Admin

Hey @mm143. Unfortunately at this time, Bank of America business debit cards aren't supported with Instant Transfers. Sorry for the trouble this causes! We're working on supporting more business debit cards for Instant Transfer, but in the mean time, you'll want to use a different debit card to retrieve your funds.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 18 of 33

so, i used instant transfer once in 2019...i linked my personal B of A debit card, which is still valid...

then i receive an email on Friday saying my debit card was declined and my transfer/deposit cannot process, and to link another one..(??)

i wasn't trying to instant transfer>>(??)

then today i receive notice that the transfer went through to my bank account.

what was all that about???

Message 19 of 33
Admin

@mm143 Sometimes we're not able to reach a debit card consistently. This can happen if there's a block by your bank or issues in their network. 

Since we can't see your account info here in the Community, you can always contact our CS team. They can look into specifics as to why your debit card was originally declined.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 20 of 33

Still throws an error "Invalid Card" for BOAs Business debit cards. I tried 2.  

Message 21 of 33