x

Using Square with Current Wordpress Site

We were wondering if there was any way that Square could be integrated with our current wordpress site.

The reasons we do not want to use the square website are that it does not seem like you can edit HTML on the square store, so we cannot implement tracking tools such as google analytics, facebook pixels, etc.

We tried using 3rd party systems to implement woocommerce on our wordpress site with square but none of them work properly. 

Do you have any suggestions to make our life easier? We will be opening a big store both online and on site in 6 days. We do not want to have to run two different POS systems. We also take appointments at the studio so it would be nice to have the appointmets integrated into the site as well. 

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best, 

Message 1 of 54
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Apologies I didn't see your post sooner @onfleekstudio, but I do have some good news for you:

We now integrate with Woocommerce! 

Check out our Town Square Blog post for more information about the integration. If it sounds like a good solution for you, you can get started from your Apps page in the Dashboard.

Hope that helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 54

Best Answer

@60W18A  / @joscielu - This is years late but I just experienced the same issue as you with the embed code taking over the Elementor editor. I figured out a solution on my own. Hopefully, this fix will work for anyone else who runs into this problem in the future.

1) Use the Firefox browser to log in to your WordPress website, then edit your desired page via the Elementor editor.

2) Once in the Elementor editor, quickly right-click the page and select 'Navigator' from Elementor's tool pop-up. You must do this quickly otherwise the embedded code/element will take over the page.

3) Use the Navigator to select and delete the section that has the embed code. Make sure to Update/Save the page, then refresh. You should now be able to view and edit your page correctly in Elementor.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Hi okleoma,

It's easy to integrate your Square store with WooCommerce (the free eCommerce plugin for WordPress). I have a few posts on the subject further up in this thread, and this article goes into the integration in greater detail:

The Square for Woocommerce Plugin: What You Need to Know

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Message 43 of 54

@onfleekstudio I understand what you required, try WP Easy Pay to accept square payments in WordPress and create payments/donation buttons like Square.

@mowerman @AmyM @needalilhelp @jddaigle 

Message 44 of 54

I've switched some of my sites from weebly to WordPress and will be switching the rest of them before the year is over. I have been using square for 4 years now and this year, I started using square invoicing and so far I love square. I don’t want to use WooCommerce and would love to see a Square WordPress plugin. I know weebly and square have partnered up but weebly is not as versatile as wordpress and tons of businesses use WordPress. I posted a similar thing on another thread and they said there is no Square WordPress plugin so we are forced to use WooCommerce. I've noticed that there are a lot of comments on Square Wordpress plugin on this thread so in case anyone from square is watching and keeping count, I am posting this here to say that I also 'vote' for a Square Wordpress plugin. I would use it if it was available. Thanks.

Message 45 of 54

@DianaOnSquare you can use WP Easy Pay . This plugin will help you create Square buttons, Square Recurring Buttons, Square Donation buttons and it works with WordPress no need to WooCommerce or any other plugin.

Thanks

Message 46 of 54

Thanks. Will check out WP easy pay

Message 47 of 54

Square is missing out on a major opportunity here.

I am a WordPress developer and have build many eCommerce sites using WooCommerce. I also have a lot of small customers who WooCommerce would be overkill for. There is a good deal of overhead with WooCommerce. It is not a small plugin. There is a lot of code. It dramatically affects your site. It has constant multi-tiered updates. Update the plugin, update the database, update WooCommerce templates (which you have to do manually).

For many small businesses that just want to take payment on a few things, it's not worth it. You guys know WordPress powers a massive percentage of the web now.

There are tons of businesses for whom WooCommerce is completely overkill.

Our suggestion in these cases is to move to another merchant provider but often, merchants really love Square.

There is a major hole in the market here that Square could fill with some basic functionality. 

Message 48 of 54

@chrislee You are right there must be the plugin to handle payments in WordPress as well not only WooCommerce for this you can use WP Easy Pay . This plugin will help you create Square buttons, Square Recurring Buttons, Square Donation buttons and it works with WordPress no need to WooCommerce or any other plugin.

Message 49 of 54

Are you aware the app creators are charging to let you create multiple buttons???  Apparently this is new.  It is nolonger free to do everything you just said in your response.

Message 50 of 54

@songdove WPEasyPay.com let you create the single button for free but if you need to create multiple buttons and subscription buttons and some more premium feature then you will need to buy pro version of the plugin.

Message 51 of 54

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Message 52 of 54
Beta Member

Totally agree. If no one does anything, we'll make a more user-friendly plugin this Spring that'll be free and do this because it really just needs to be done.

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 53 of 54

Interested.  Did you?

Message 54 of 54