x

Can I use a WiFi receipt printer?

Can I print a receipt on a regular wifi printer

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Hello - we're always looking at expanding the printers that work with our system. We're currently able to support a number of Star Micronics receipt printers. You can find a complete list of compatible printers on our Support Center.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

@Sean your link is broken and you didn't answer the question

Message 3 of 10
Square

@AP2012 - Sorry about that! It looks like a period snuck into my original link! 🙈

To answer your question more directly, not at this time. We only support a number of Star Micronics receipt printers at this time. Also, I fixed the link above, so you should be able to check out your options now. 

Thanks for the follow up! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks @Sean, it really is a bummer you guys are so limited on the type of printers you support. We are on the fence on using the POS for Square because our type of business uses regual paper receipts, we need it due to the fact that not only do we sell goods but install them as well so we need more room for more detail as well as "Terms of Service."

Message 5 of 10
Square

I agree! I wish we were able to support more printers too! I'll be sure to pass along your feedback. Our Product Team loves to hear what sellers have to say! In the meantime, it sounds like you might have to print off a more custom receipt. 

Thanks for the post!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 10

Why not a Bluetooth printer?

Just trying to help...

Message 7 of 10

I'd like to put a finer point on this question: Has anyone tried integrating a TSP143IIIW into their Square POS set up, and if so have you been successful? 

To address the questions of others --

• Why not use the ethernet printer? Extra equipment to buy/maintain.
  • Why not use a Bluetooth printer? A Bluetooth printer (or card reader for that matter) can only pair 1-to-1 with a single device.

Thanks in advance for actual experiences/lessons learned in the field.

Message 8 of 10

Hello,

I'm interested in eliminating some cables in my restaurant so I've been researching Star's Wireless printers. Is the Star Micronics TSP143IIIW printer compatible with my Square POS app? My current printer is located pretty far away from my wireless router so I'm trying to find a non-ethernet option. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 9 of 10

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue.

Message 10 of 10