x

How To Find Cash Refunds in Sales Summary Reports

I am starting a new thread since the open one on the topic was last posted to on 02-26-17 and it is now 8/9/17. I ran a test cash transaction and then wanted to void the trans. Didn't see a void anywhere, so I tried a refund. Worked as far as sending a refund receipt, but reports still show cash transaction and no indication of a refund so sales are off by amount of cash tran.  Will this ever be fixed? A void transaction is needed if anyone wants to use these reports.

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @barboc,

Refunds should show up in your Reports on Dashboard as well. You would just need to go to Sales in your online Dashboard and you'll see it in the Sales summary as well as your Transactions.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

I just realized that the refund shows up when I go to reports on mobile device in Point of Sale but not through Dashboard on my computer. What else might I be missing?

Message 2 of 24
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @barboc,

Refunds should show up in your Reports on Dashboard as well. You would just need to go to Sales in your online Dashboard and you'll see it in the Sales summary as well as your Transactions.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Message 3 of 24

Thanks.  I needed to log out  of Dashboard and log back in. I'm happy now!

Message 4 of 24

I have tried everyones suggestion and cannot locate the refund i just issued.  Could I have included my e-mail address so that when it was sent to the customer i also would have received the e-mail?

Message 5 of 24
Alumni

Sorry you're not seeing the refund @Harriett! I recommend giving our CS team a call to help you out. You'll need your customer code, but someone will be able to help you troubleshoot one-on-one over the phone.

Message 6 of 24

Can you tell me how I could find all refund items in one summary/report?

I can see the total amount but am having no luck finding itemized refund items, within one report?

On a side note, I see nothing for refunds on the transactions page and/or tabs?

Message 7 of 24
Alumni

Hey @BingoTim

Currently, there isn't a way to run a report for refunds only. However, if you export your Item Sales report, it will show a list of your items sold and includes refunded items as. Also, you should be able to see refunds within your Transactions tab and will look like so:

Hope that helps you find what you're looking for!

Puka - She/They
Message 8 of 24

Puka, can you submit a feature request to get full refund reports? Especially since they offer the reason of the refund but we can’t find that again in a report.

thanks!

Message 9 of 24
Alumni

Hi @DBGS - I can submit a feature request for you! Can you share how this feature ideally would work for you? It sounds like you'd like to get a report of all refunds, reasons of refunds, but please add anything else. That way I can share with the team responsible and give them a better idea of how you envision it. Thanks!

Message 10 of 24

Not sure if this was ever followed up on, but I need reports of refunds because I pay occupancy tax and have to report nights rented.  It would be nice to have all refunds in one place, so I could review them and compare to my lodging log.  Also, I had hoped to be able to keep up with a number of customers for a certain category with reports.  Unfortunately, if you refund, it counts as another transcaction, so that number is not accurate.  If I do not remember what each refund was for, I have to go back through each transaction to see if the refund count should come off of a certain category.  It is not user friendly to have to go through each day to find refunds.  Not sure if this is totally clear, so bottom line, a report of just refunds with amount and explanation would be very helpful.

Message 11 of 24
Admin

Hi @Covegirl! At this time this is still a feature request but thanks for letting us know how a report specifically showing refunds (and refund reasons) would be helpful for your business.

I can't share a timeline for when this might be available but we'll update this thread as soon as we have any updates. Thanks again! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 24

When I go to my Sales Summary, there is no record of my refund. How am I supposed to reconcile my sales, my deposits, or my 'transactions' if the refund only shows up in one place?

Please return the 'Deposit Report' with refunds included as well as detailed or summary options.

Thank you.

Message 13 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RobinsNest thanks for the post! You can view all your sales by payment method on the Square Dashboard under Reports > Payment Methods where we will break down exactly what dollar amount was refunded under each source. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 24

Yes, I knew about this payment report, but it does not help reconcile the bank statement. What is needed is a concise report that lists all deposits & refunds in a detailed manner. What we need is the deposit report back. I see lots of people (accounting managers) requesting to have it put back. Not sure why anyone would have removed it. We the people who do the accounting have to waster more time (double rechecking to see that there were no refunds issued from separate reports) since the deposit report was removed. Our lodging confirmations are billed often months in advance and not a 'daily' sales sheet. We have specific needs that require a detailed deposit report so that we can reconcile both sales, refunds, etc.

Message 15 of 24
Square Community Moderator

I hear you - thanks for that feedback. I can see how important that would be to have. While I know you are looking for the deposit reports, you can always export transfer reports for a given time frame which will give detailed information of each transaction, refund, fee, and deposit in each deposit during that selected time frame. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 24

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to see all my refunded transactions?

We use the square registe exclusively to process cash transactions. At the end of the month, we need to account for how much we've sold of each specific item. So far, so good. However, when we print a report for the month, the list of items sold reflects the Gross Sales, *not* the Net Sales, which factor in refunds. For instance: if we sold 10 Widgets at $1 each in November, and refunded five of them, the "Item Sales" section of the report will still list 10 Widgets sold for a total of $10; however this is incorrect because we only sold a net total of $5 in Widgets. Since we also have many other items, there is no way to tell that the Widgets total is the one that needs to be adjusted. 

One way to solve this problem would be to see a list of all refunded items for the month, so where know specifically which items were refunded. Is there a way to do this? Or if not, is there another solution to this problem? Thanks in advance. 

Message 17 of 24
Super Seller

I do not believe so although I would like to know.  I looked and couldn't find anything.  Is there such a report or webpage @Chad?

Message 18 of 24
Admin

@whubbard  Helen here from the Community team.

At this time there isn't a single 'Refunds' report. I've added your post to this thread: How to find cash refunds in sales summary reports where other sellers have asked a similar qusetion. 

I'm not sure if you've already looked at the Item Sales report — when you click Export in the top right you can download the Summary CSV which has a column for Items Refunded and another column for the Refund amount. I hope this is helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 19 of 24

Another place where the lack of refunds shows up is in sales item reports - it will show me all the items sold, even those that were refunded, making the total amounts off by the items refunded.

Message 20 of 24
Beta Member

This thread says it's solved - is there a report that reflects cash refunds?  It's interesting that we receive an email for cc refunds but not cash. 

Message 21 of 24