x

Appointment request in my text messages without having to sign in to my calendar app every time?

When a client requests an appt. and I click on the link in the text message it take me to my calendar app, but I have to sign in every time with my email and password even though I have all my passwords save on my iPhone in my preferences. If I click onto my calendar app separately I'm already logged in, but if I use the link in the text message I'm not.

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@skins-in Currently, when you tap on the link in a text message request it will open your Appointments Dashboard. To keep your information secure, you're automatically signed out of your Dashboard after a certain period of inactivity. I can understand how it would be handy for the link to bring up the app, I'll share that request with the team! 

In the meantime, you could enable push notifications in the Appointements app. That way when you receive a request you'll see an icon in the app and on your iPhone locked screen (depending on your iPhone preference). To enable this from the app tap Settings > tap Notifications and toggle 'Push Notifications' on. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Best Answer

@skins-in Currently, when you tap on the link in a text message request it will open your Appointments Dashboard. To keep your information secure, you're automatically signed out of your Dashboard after a certain period of inactivity. I can understand how it would be handy for the link to bring up the app, I'll share that request with the team! 

In the meantime, you could enable push notifications in the Appointements app. That way when you receive a request you'll see an icon in the app and on your iPhone locked screen (depending on your iPhone preference). To enable this from the app tap Settings > tap Notifications and toggle 'Push Notifications' on. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 13

I already have push notications on, but it doesn't work, and I don't get any popups.

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Sorry to hear that @skins-in! These troubleshooting steps should help, and I definitely recommend updating the app. 

I've just tested the Appointments app notifications and I noticed that the message can quickly disappear depending on your iPhone's notification settings.

If you change the notification settings on your iPhone for the Appointments app you can 'keep' the notification at the top of our iPhone until you read it. To change your iPhone's settings:

1. Tap the Settings icon on your iPhone > tap Notifications.
  2. Scroll down to and tap Appointments.
  3. Toggle on 'Allow Notifications'
  4. Then toggle on 'Show as Banners' > and select 'Persistant'.

A 'persistant banner' is a message that will stay on your iPhone homescreen until you tap it.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions please let me know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 13

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do you get new/cancelled/rescheduled appointment notifications to pop up on your phone?

When someone schedules a new appt, reschedules or cancels - I only receive a notification via email. Is there a way to get these notifications to pop up on your phone screen kinda like a text message? I'm not able to always check my email throughout the day The other day someone rescheduled late night and I didn't check my email first thing in the AM & by the time I checked, it was too late. 😕

Message 5 of 13
Admin

@skin_by_v Take a look at the steps I shared in this thread to enable push notifications in the Appointments app, and to adjust your iPhone notifications settings so you never miss a message. I hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

Is the push notification option not available on android? I don't see the notifications option in my settings on the app.

Message 7 of 13
Alumni

Hey @crystalimages - To confirm, you are checking your phone settings and not the app settings, correct?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

No, I was not. Is the app automatically set to push notifications? Or is it only a text notification, not from the app itself?

Message 9 of 13
Admin

Sorry for the delay here @crystalimages! I checked with the Appointments team and you're right, there isn't a way to manage the push notifications from the Appointments for Android app. However they should be enabled automatically - are you not receiving any notifications at all? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Since I posted the question, I added my cell number to the staff info, so I'm now getting alerts through text messages and email. I hadn't turned this on previousl. I am not, however, getting any sort of notifications directly from the appointments app. I wasn't sure if this is an option for android phones, or in general, or if it's only a text/email message. And I have noticed it goes into offline mode a lot, even when I am connected to wifi and other apps are running fine. Even when I open the app after getting a text notification of a booking request it doesn't notify me and there are no options/menus for pending appointments. It seems the only real feature the app has is the ability to see the appointments calendar and add appointments there, aside from the functions of the POS app. Though I have to say, the appointments app does seem to be faster/smoother than the POS app. My understanding is this is in beta for android. I'm just not sure what the differences are between android and iPhone for this app. Or if any of these features are going to be added. 

My feedback on the app:

Runs fast and smooth, can still take orders like the POS app, I am about to delete the POS app from my phone and solely use the appointments app.

Needs push notifications for appointment requests and an ability to approve or deny.

Message 11 of 13

I just got a new Android phone (Galaxy S21 FE) and am no longer able to receive push notifications in the Appointments app. I had the Note 9 for years and was receiving push notifications with no problem. I have tried changing the settings both in the phone as well as the app. Both are showing that I should receive push notifications. I even tried uninstalling the app and downloaded it again. I am receiving notifications from other apps with no problem, so this seems to be an issue with Square Appointments and this particular phone?? I strongly preferred notifications to text messages and emails as they took me directly to the appointment date and time in my Square calendar. The emails and texts both make me login to the dashboard and don't show the calendar. This is extremely annoying because I know it worked with my previous Android phone. I hope someone can give me a better suggestion. I have been using Square since the early days and would prefer not to have to change to a different booking system over something this minor, but I might have to. Please help!!!!

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

It seems like you have done your fair share of troubleshooting steps @nailsmama. This really sounds frustrating. I believe the next step would be to reach out to our support team for them to make sure everything is looking good on your account.  Please reach out by phone when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13