x

Feature Request: Edit Default Reminder Settings on Invoices

Feature Request: Edit Default Reminder Settings on Invoices

How do I change default reminder settings so that I don't have to edit when creating each invoice? I can schedule reminders, but the default reminders are 1 day after due date and 3 days after due date. I can edit this when creating EACH invoice, but is there a way change the default settings so that I don't have to do this DOZENS of times for each invoice? I have a huge batch of invoices to enter and only want to sends reminders on the due date. It would be great if I could make an adjustment to the default settings rather then making changes for each invoice.

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Edit Default Reminder Settings on Invoices

Thanks for your post @Maconiron! You're right you can now create default settings for Invoice reminders from your online Square Dashboard. I'm adding the steps below and I'll update the status of this request too! 😀

To edit your default Invoice reminder settings: 

1.  Sign in and navigate to the Invoices section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Settings > then click Defaults.
  3. At Reminders check the box Schedule payment reminders for this invoice.
  4. Click Edit Reminders to edit the number and frequence of each reminder.
  5. Click Done > then click Save.
5 Comments

Hello @smartdecision, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I took a look at the Invoices Tab on my Square Dashboard and I definitely see what you're talking about. Right now, we don't offer the ability to edit the default settings for reminders, but I understand why a lot of businesses would want this.

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board on the Seller Community. From here we will track the feedback from other sellers and if there are any updates they'll be posted here. 

We really need this option. I am begging you!

I'd like to add my voice to this - I'm sending invoices regularly and it's really frustrating to have to try to remember to update the reminder days on every invoice.

1 and 3 days seems like a very short reminder window, as well. Perhaps a short-term solution would be to increase the defaults until a new setting feature can be added? I use 7 and 14 days as my defaults, which seem much more reasonable...

Awesome to see this issue was fixed and we can now set a default for reminders!!

Admin

Thanks for your post @Maconiron! You're right you can now create default settings for Invoice reminders from your online Square Dashboard. I'm adding the steps below and I'll update the status of this request too! 😀

To edit your default Invoice reminder settings: 

1.  Sign in and navigate to the Invoices section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Settings > then click Defaults.
  3. At Reminders check the box Schedule payment reminders for this invoice.
  4. Click Edit Reminders to edit the number and frequence of each reminder.
  5. Click Done > then click Save.