x

LG V30 Plus screen does not rotate to horizontal for signature. Any fix for this?

Customers find it very difficult to sign on short line allowed for signature on vertical screen

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue on the LG v30. Until the fix arrives, I've downloaded the free Control Screen from Google Play Store. I only turn it on when using Square. It forces the screen to rotate so that customers can sign on the longer line. I hope this is temporary, as I don't like putting extra apps in my phone. I also hope this helps other Square users. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @faith4scentsy, thanks for surfacing this and I'm sorry for the frustration. I went to check on the LG V30 Plus, and it looks like it hasn't been fully tested for compatibility. We're working hard to offer Point of Sale on as many devices as possible. Please keep an eye on this list for the latest on which devices are fully supported: Device Compatibility.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue on the LG v30. Until the fix arrives, I've downloaded the free Control Screen from Google Play Store. I only turn it on when using Square. It forces the screen to rotate so that customers can sign on the longer line. I hope this is temporary, as I don't like putting extra apps in my phone. I also hope this helps other Square users. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thank you for sharing this tip @Lainy61. I'm sure this will help other sellers until the LG V30 is added to our list of compatible devices. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

Happy to help.

Message 5 of 6

also not working on the Moto G6

Message 6 of 6