x

Understanding how Weebly and Square work together

I will be the first to say that I am ignorant to all things tech. I made it this far but I have questions.

Can someone explain to me how Weebly and Square intertwine? What is the purpose of having Weebly and Square?

-Why do some things sync and other things don't: Example: categories don't sync or seem to serve different purposes on the weebly side vs. the square side. 

-Why can I not do everything in square that I can in weebly? Example: I can create a discount in square but not in weebly. I can create coupons in weebly but not in square. And I can't access them unless I am in the correct site. Another example: If I create an item in Square, I can't create the inventory from there, I have to go into Weebly to create the inventory numbers. 

Is there a plan to integrate all options on one site? 

Finally, why the heck can't I delete alternative sites? When I was first creating my webpage, the business was so new that I wasn't sure how to go about doing things. Now I have five different "locations" that I do not ever need to use. How do I get those removed?

Please break it down for me like I'm in kindergarten. 

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @blacksheepffnc 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here. We hope this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you learn to grow your business with Square. Welcome! 

There are definitely a lot of moving pieces when it comes to working with both Square and Weebly to maximize our tools for your business, and we are happy to help where we can!

First things first - we would recommend you take a look at two of our most helpful Getting Started guides. They should be able to answer most questions with better efficiency and easily understandable terminology than I am able to do here - I also often believe I am in kindergarten 😅

In terms of a brief over-view, Square is a mobile payment processor solution for small and big businesses alike. Recently as eCommerce has grown significantly, we acquired Weebly to advance our integration into online sales, and offer a website building platform for our Sellers. The purpose of using both is to have a 'one-stop' solution for both in person and online sales - which makes analyzing sales report data and inventory much easier.

In regards to features being available on Square and not Weebly (or vice-versa), I would submit that most are cross functional, even though some features have different terminology. For example, you can create Coupons on Weebly for your customers to be able to type in at time of checkout - but when you are selling in-person with Square, these are called Discounts and are added by the Seller at time of purchase. You can also actively have Weebly and Square inventory synced for purchases as long as you have set your inventory management correctly. 

Finally, concerning your locations, can you clarify this a bit for me? Are you seeing multiple locations on your Square Online Dashboard or through Weebly specifically?

I hope this information is helpful! I will keep an eye out for your reply! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @blacksheepffnc 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here. We hope this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you learn to grow your business with Square. Welcome! 

There are definitely a lot of moving pieces when it comes to working with both Square and Weebly to maximize our tools for your business, and we are happy to help where we can!

First things first - we would recommend you take a look at two of our most helpful Getting Started guides. They should be able to answer most questions with better efficiency and easily understandable terminology than I am able to do here - I also often believe I am in kindergarten 😅

In terms of a brief over-view, Square is a mobile payment processor solution for small and big businesses alike. Recently as eCommerce has grown significantly, we acquired Weebly to advance our integration into online sales, and offer a website building platform for our Sellers. The purpose of using both is to have a 'one-stop' solution for both in person and online sales - which makes analyzing sales report data and inventory much easier.

In regards to features being available on Square and not Weebly (or vice-versa), I would submit that most are cross functional, even though some features have different terminology. For example, you can create Coupons on Weebly for your customers to be able to type in at time of checkout - but when you are selling in-person with Square, these are called Discounts and are added by the Seller at time of purchase. You can also actively have Weebly and Square inventory synced for purchases as long as you have set your inventory management correctly. 

Finally, concerning your locations, can you clarify this a bit for me? Are you seeing multiple locations on your Square Online Dashboard or through Weebly specifically?

I hope this information is helpful! I will keep an eye out for your reply! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

I too am a bit confused. I need some Weebly support and only Square support articles are popping up. Is there a specific place to get Weebly support from?

I have a Weebly online store and I'm having trouble with the "Accept online orders" button on the 'Checkout' page. I keep turning it on and it'll switch back to off.

Also, is the Square online store and Weebly online store the same thing? Is any one better than the other one? I pay yearly for my Weebly online store and would like to keep it but I need some support with it.

Thanks so much!

-Christa Salem
Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @kenzie6488!

When you do a search for Online Store topics in our Support Center, you should be seeing information relevant to Weebly/the Online Store.

What issues in particular are you having with "Accepting Online Orders"? Are you not able to place orders when that is toggled on or are you seeing an error message of some sort?

Square Online Store and Weebly are now one in the same!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the reply! That helps and makes sense that they are both the same now. I started looking around yesterday to come to that conclusion. I thought “the online store” was for Square only. 

I believe the “accept online orders” button problem I was having worked itself out. No error message, just every time I’d go back to the page, the button would be switched to off, now it seems fine. 

Thanks for looking out, I do appreciate it. 

-Christa Salem
Message 5 of 5